Call Of Duty 4- Modern Warfare

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Infinity Ward is taking their Call of Duty series away from the battlefields of WWII and placing it smack dab into the era of "modern warfare". It will be a while before it's out yet but the trailers are pretty sweet. You'll play as a character in the British SAS and as a character in the USMC during the campaign. The "war" is against a fictional country that has allied itself with Russian ultra nationalists.
Trailer 1:
http://www.gamespot.com/video/939217...cial-trailer-1
Trailer 2:
http://www.gamespot.com/video/939217...cial-trailer-2
Game play trailer:
http://www.gamespot.com/video/939217...meplay-movie-1

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the WW2 shooters. I have all of the MOH and COD games for the PC (I don't own any consoles).

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Believe it or not, I've played Call of Duty! My brother loves it, and he's had me over a couple of times to play against him (he plays on his computer, and I play on a second computer his son uses when he's staying there). I'm not entirely past my reluctance to kill, even just in a game -- but aside from that, I enjoy it. It's beautifully done.

I'll go email my brother about this new version -- how cool am I, that I heard about it first, hm?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Believe it or not, I've played Call of Duty! My brother loves it, and he's had me over a couple of times to play against him (he plays on his computer, and I play on a second computer his son uses when he's staying there). I'm not entirely past my reluctance to kill, even just in a game -- but aside from that, I enjoy it. It's beautifully done.

I'll go email my brother about this new version -- how cool am I, that I heard about it first, hm?
They are only pixels, you should feel free to blast away!

I was surfing on VEOH when I saw a trailer for it then did a little more digging. From what I understand this will be released on all game platforms. I don't think that COD3 was ever released on PC and what I heard from the console players is that it wasn't a good product and may have tarnished Infinity Ward's reputation a bit. Hopefully, this game will restore it.

I'm a bit surprised they jumped ahead this far from WWII to "present day". I thought that there was more they could have done with WWII, such as switching the battlefields from Europe to mainland Asia and the island hopping campaign. One thing that I wanted them to do would have been to be able to play from the German perspective instead of just the American, British and Russian. WWI might be an interesting to try.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not into that either but my husbands excited. He was showing me a trailer on his x box the other day. It looked cool.