Help! Addicted to one of Ben and Jerry's new flavors!!

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sunday night I sent DH to the grocery store all by himself (he's a smart man, and he does a great job). I had written ice cream down on the list, intending for him to get a quart or something for the both of us. Because my cell phone was still on silent from church earlier, he couldn't get a hold of me to clarify exactly what kind of ice cream to get.

He brought home a pint of Ben and Jerry's Cinnamon Buns ice cream!
Yes, it is fattening, but I have never craved a certain flavor of ice cream before in my life!

The ice cream has swirls of a cinnamon and sugar goo, and there are bite-sized chunks of dough.

Do you have any "must have" ice cream cravings?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's so funny that you posted this. For the first time in years I had a nice bowl of vanilla ice cream last night. Nothing fancy, no chocolate sauce or any kind of fruit toping. It was then I realized that I think that vanilla is vastly underrated. Don't get me wrong I'm a huge fan of chocolate chip cookie dough, chunky monkey, and Phish food, but sometimes something simple is exactly what I need.

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds really good... Hmmm Im trying to think if I have a specific craving. I did like the Ben & Jerry's Dublin Mudslide flavor for awhile, but got sick of it... Thanks, now you gave me a new idea of something to try...

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oooohhhhh Ice cream.

Yeah, I get plenty of cravings too.

Ben & Jerry do come out with the greatest flavours! I love Chunky Monkey the most.
Hagen Daz is my all time favourite though. I like the Swiss Vanilla with toasted almonds. Mmmmm so good. The subtle flavour of vanilla with a little crunch to make it more interesting.
I have some long-term cravings for New Zealand ice cream. I've got a list to work through when I'm there. I'll be having ice cream everyday!

altrego

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emrldsky

The ice cream has swirls of a cinnamon and sugar goo, and there are bite-sized chunks of dough.
I love regular mint chocolate chip. But that sounds amazing.
So much for my diet. lol

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cinnamon Buns is a yummy Ben & Jerry's flavor, but we are addicted to Dublin Mudslide. Before that it was Cherry Garcia, but they started making the chunks in it too big. I couldn't believe I found a flavor tht I didn't like at all, the new Peach Cobbler. It just doesn't taste right.

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

Cinnamon Buns is a yummy Ben & Jerry's flavor, but we are addicted to Dublin Mudslide. Before that it was Cherry Garcia, but they started making the chunks in it too big. I couldn't believe I found a flavor tht I didn't like at all, the new Peach Cobbler. It just doesn't taste right.
So I am not alone for the love of Dublin Mudslide... I had to take a break from it... Eventually we will reunite! Dublin Mudslide is yummy!

roxie225

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mmm.. Ben & Jerry are my favorite guys!! My favorite is Chubby Hubby... or the Smores one... I pretty much love them all

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

It's so funny that you posted this. For the first time in years I had a nice bowl of vanilla ice cream last night. Nothing fancy, no chocolate sauce or any kind of fruit toping. It was then I realized that I think that vanilla is vastly underrated. Don't get me wrong I'm a huge fan of chocolate chip cookie dough, chunky monkey, and Phish food, but sometimes something simple is exactly what I need.
I do agree!

When I get an ice cream cone, I tend to get vanilla, and same goes for bowls of ice cream at buffet places.

Originally Posted by ALTREGO

I love regular mint chocolate chip. But that sounds amazing.
So much for my diet. lol
I like mint chocolate chip as well, but this IS amazing. And I gave up on a "diet" a long time ago, lol. I just hope I don't gain any weight.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont buy Ben and Jerry's....I always thought they were too *pricey*.

I did buy some Blue Bunny the other day(it was on sale....
) Its the bday cake...

I guess I may have to "splurge" on a new taste...hehehe.

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, so I can't eat ice cream anymore since my surgery (gastric).. But would loveee tooo..

But I use to eat the heck out of my favorite Ben' and Jerry's:
Caramel De Leche - all caramel,, delightful
Phish Food - Marshmallow, Choco Ice Cream and White Mixed with Chocolate fishy's,, yummyy

How I miss theee!!!!

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mmmm ..

I have totally gotten addicted to Fossil Fuel. I absolutley love it. I also love the Bananas on the Rum, but that's only available in the Scoop Shops.

mom of 4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But it can't beat homemade ice cream.
Vanilla custard, with fresh peaches added in.
Cheesecake ice cream - sometimes it won't make it to the ice cream maker because the flavors have to blend overnight. My son who hates ice cream loves it!

We have the cuisinart ice cream maker that doesn't require ice or putting bowls in the freezer. Not cheap - but it is the best invention ever. A quart can be ready in less than 30 minutes.
For some reason, I'm not losing weight this summer.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

I have some long-term cravings for New Zealand ice cream. I've got a list to work through when I'm there. I'll be having ice cream everyday!
I had a craving for orange chip ice cream the other night so I had one.
There is nothing like NZ ice cream!

Originally Posted by lookingglass

I agree, having a vanilla ice cream is ALWAYS good when you do eat it!

I love ice cream - especially a brown derby which is basically a scoop of ice cream on a cone dipped in chocolate. I always go for the orange chip or the boysenberry or a vanilla.

Dang, now I want one!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sadie's Mom

I so miss Ben and Jerry's Rainforest Crunch
Oh yes, yes, yes... that was the pinnacle of the ice-cream-making art.

But once in a great while, I go to Marble Slab and get their deep, dense Chocolate Swiss ice cream with big juicy cherries mixed into it and... oh... words fail me...