Anybody Else Like Gargoyles?

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gargoyles were put on churches not as symbols of evil, but to guard the buildings and chase away evil.

When my husband and I got married in a otherwise fairly traditional wedding, we had two gargoyles atop our wedding cake. I made a veil with a headband of flowers for one, and a top hat and boutonniere for the other. I put little gold wedding bands on their fingers, too.

My favorite children's author, Dav Pilkey, wrote a book called God Bless the Gargoyles. Pilkey says, "...Gargoyles are misunderstood. So often we look at things and make judgments about them without taking the time to understand them. First impressions are not always correct."

http://www.pilkey.com/bookview.php?id=12

Anyone else a fan of gargoyles?

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like Gargoyles! I agree that are often misunderstood and that people may think they are "evil" because of some of the shapes they are carved into.

I was a big fan of the Gargoyles cartoon series.

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I loooove Gargoyles!!! When I was younger I remember my dad had them on the barn and he had little ones through the house. Very cool stuff!!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a couple of gargoyles (well they called them that, but they look like creepy disfigured monks, not the dragon type gargoyles) and they are guarding the steps at our back door.

I love them. And i also love to point out to religious people the point of them protecting the buildings when they complain about evil creatures! lol

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I love them. I always wanted to get these gargoyle downspouts... and then I moved to a house without gutters. Go figure!

But I do have two that I absolutely LOVE. They've been traveling with me for 4 houses now... I just haven't found the perfect spot to put them in this house yet. Now that I've repainted my dining room, I think I might put them in there.

stampit3d

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope...not for me...they give me the creeps!
Tell ya what though...if I`m ever given any I`ll offer them to some of you guys FOR FREE, how`s that?
Linda

jujubee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't collect them or anything, have you ever watched that Gargoyles cartoon?
Am I weird for thinking a character in a cartoon is Hot! I don't know which one it was but something about him, the cartoon character, why am making this public??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JuJubee

...Am I weird for thinking a character in a cartoon is Hot! I don't know which one it was but something about him, the cartoon character, why am making this public??
Post a pic!

Hot cartoon characters? How about hot CGIs?
You are talking to the right person!

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like gargoyles. I have a neat cast one that is supposed to sit on the edge of a shelf. However, Stimpy knocked it down and it's glued back together...But wrapped in bubble wrap in the closet.
My cats are not good around nice things.

Originally Posted by JuJubee

I don't collect them or anything, have you ever watched that Gargoyles cartoon?
Am I weird for thinking a character in a cartoon is Hot! I don't know which one it was but something about him, the cartoon character, why am making this public??
LOVED that show! My sister and I watched it.

I also like dragons. But that would be another thread...

jujubee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Post a pic!

Hot cartoon characters? How about hot CGIs?
You are talking to the right person!
What's a CGI??
Goliath had a real sexy voice if I remember right.

tink80

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we have two gargoyle statues in our driveway that our neighbors think we are "eccentric" for...LOL...i'll try to get a piccie for u :-)

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh i LOOOOOOOVE them! i have them everywhere! I have a huge 2 ft one gaurding the front of the house, and little ones all over the house. There my best collectibles!