What is non chlorine bleach??

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All we have in the house is regular bleach...

We just got some used baby clothes and I wanted to wash them and some say non chlorine bleach... (the close are so cute and I don't want to ruin them)...

What is this??? I feel so silly for asking!!!

whiskerynature

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A lot of detergents will have a color-safe bleach that is usually a non-chlorine bleach. Some contain versions of hydrogen peroxide as a non-chlorine bleach as well.

P.S. Not a silly question at all...I always equate bleach = clorox

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by whiskerynature

P.S. Not a silly question at all...I always equate bleach = clorox
See, that's what we've always had and always used. I guess I'm just more worried that I'm going to ruin the baby clothes... I really am not that particular about my own!! I felt kind of odd sitting in the laundry room reading the Clorox bottle for something a little more telling about the product...

I'm just not sure how to do all the baby whites that have little color patterns on them and still have them looking white without washing out all the color.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Color safe bleach is great!!! I use it all the time in my laundry! It keeps the colors really vibrant and does not ruine them like regular bleach

You can find it in most grocery stores/retail places around here and even in store brands if you want a less expensive option

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Non chlorine bleach = colorsafe bleach, which to me = Clorox 2.

Beth, I wash all Danica's clothes in reg detergent and add a bit of Oxi-Clean, and I have yet to have any fade on me. And the Oxi-Clean doesn't leave that heavy bleachy smell on them. The commisary I'm sure carries it (not sure where Anjung-Ri is, but I know Osan and Yongsan carried it when I was there.) FWIW.

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RicaLynn

Non chlorine bleach = colorsafe bleach, which to me = Clorox 2.

Beth, I wash all Danica's clothes in reg detergent and add a bit of Oxi-Clean, and I have yet to have any fade on me. And the Oxi-Clean doesn't leave that heavy bleachy smell on them. The commisary I'm sure carries it (not sure where Anjung-Ri is, but I know Osan and Yongsan carried it when I was there.) FWIW.
We live close to Osan and pretty much do all our shopping there. The commisary on our post is really... weak.

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ali012281

We live close to Osan and pretty much do all our shopping there. The commisary on our post is really... weak.
OH yeah, I remember that. DexH was at Ft. Walker in Taegu, and even the "big" PX/commissary there was sad. And Osan was a 4-hr bus ride!!!

I see you're over the half-way mark -- Congrats!!! I bet you're crossing off the days, aren't you? Are you finding out the sex?

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yes... there is about 4 months left now!!! I liked the ticker you had in your siggy so I snagged one for myself!

We went last week and found out that its a boy!! I have a thread called Big Day with the ultrasound image in it. We're going to name him Bradley Scott. DH was a bradley mechanic when he first came into the army 10 years ago and we always joked that we'd name our first son Bradley... well it stuck!! Scott is after DH's late grandfather who passed away on Mothers day last year.

Congrats on your little bundle of joy!! What a sweetie!! You'll probably be getting PMs from me in the middle of the night begging for advice. ha ha!! Luckily my mom is flying out here for a 3 week stay around the time I'm due... Our apt is small but we'll manage. (For all I know she might get sick of waking up in the middle of the night and decide to get a hotel on post ha ha)