Injured gray kitten could use some vibes

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's a little gray tabby feral kitten that's been hanging around here. He's been warming up to me over the past 2 days or so. Well, last night he showed up on my back porch, limping. The skin and fur on his right front paw was just hanging loose. I could see the tendons on his toes.
Apparently he got his foot caught somewhere and worked real hard to pull it free.

He's staying overnight at the vet tonight. She said he seems to have a good blood supply to his foot and if all goes well it will heal and his foot can be spared. She sutured a cut on the bottom of his foot and cleaned everything up. After a week or so, she said she'll have a better idea of how well things will go. He could still lose his foot, but hopefully not.

I know he must be petrified. He could use some calming, healing vibes. Hopefully I'll get to pick him up tomorrow. I'll post pics when I get him home. He's a doll.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank heavens he came to you.
Poor little baby.
I am sending loads of calming, healing vibes to this little kitten.

I'll be watching for your updates.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank goodness the little guy ended up in your care. Sending many prayers his way.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
lots of vibes for the little gray guy!! hope his foot heals up good as new

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the vibes.

He's doing pretty well today. He got his bandage changed this morning and the vet said it was still looking very hopeful. She wants to see him again on Tuesday for another bandage change. The poor guy was scared on the way home....he did a #1 and a #2 in the carrier before we got home.

The techs spoiled him a lot. He's calmed down a lot already....not so wild.

He tested negative for FIV and FeLV.

Here he is...complete with a manly pink bandage.
He has spots on his sides...they didn't show up in the pic. I'll try again later.

laurie314

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What a pretty kitty, i have one i rescued just like him, but I have a girl. Sending healing vibes!! if kitty calms down are u gonna keep him! I have a feral and it took about 4 months but he is a lover now(orange tabby)
Good Luck

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Laurie314

What a pretty kitty, i have one i rescued just like him, but I have a girl. Sending healing vibes!! if kitty calms down are u gonna keep him! I have a feral and it took about 4 months but he is a lover now(orange tabby)
Good Luck
Awww, thanks.
He wouldn't let me near him 4 days ago, but 2 days and one night at the vet made a big difference. One of the techs spent a lot of time with him and he's relaxed quite a bit already. All of my cats were born feral except for Leopold...so I'm kind of used to it. I'm still in denial but I know it would be hard to give him up after seeing what he's been through.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He is really a handsome boy...

You are doing such a wonderful thing for him.
I feel a need to say thank you.

I think that it's almost time for a name.

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's a handsome boy.
He does look relaxed considering everything that has happened to him. I'm sure all your cats will love him when they get to know him.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by beandip

Thanks for the vibes.

He's doing pretty well today. He got his bandage changed this morning and the vet said it was still looking very hopeful. She wants to see him again on Tuesday for another bandage change. The poor guy was scared on the way home....he did a #1 and a #2 in the carrier before we got home.

The techs spoiled him a lot. He's calmed down a lot already....not so wild.

He tested negative for FIV and FeLV.

Here he is...complete with a manly pink bandage.
He has spots on his sides...they didn't show up in the pic. I'll try again later.
Oh my goodness, he is just so pretty, I am glad that he came to you.