UPDATE!! on Adam, trapped kitten who was set onfire

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
http://www.forgottenfelines.com/v4/adam.shtml
Hooray for the Forgotten Felines of Sonoma County!

And many, many TCS {{{{prayers and vibes}}}} for continued healing for this brave, brave kitty who so wants to live

Please check out the FFSC website - they have pics of Adam, which although heartwrenching, it's easy to overlook the wounds and see the gorgeous, affectionate, courageous little boy who lives inside!

tammie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
OMG, doesn't that just bring tears to your eyes?? That poor little cutie, so badly injured ... still wants to play and has that glint in his eye!

Will to live?? I would say so!!

frisk

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aww, that poor sweet little baby.

It's good to hear he's doing well!

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww what a wee darling.

I read that 2 girls have been charged and perhaps face the maximum penalty of 3 years confinement. IMO this is not enough, they should get much longer confinement and never be allowed to have a pet in the future. Since they are minors, their parents should also receive some type of punishment from the law.
The governent definitely should make example of this so that parents can prevent this from happening and kids be put off from even fantasizing about cruel acts toward animals.

This incident should be something that follows and haunts them for the rest of their lives.
If they can do such a cruel thing at a young age, what will the be capable of doing when they are older? and not just to animals but other human beings.

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's such wonderful news! But my heart just breaks thinking of what might have happened to the other kittens....I sure hope justice is served.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless his heart! That is so disturbing...

I am glad to know hes recovering though....hopefully he will continue to improve.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Someone sent me an online petition, to the CA governement, to impose stricter penalties in animal abuse cases. I'll get out of TCS (my stupid browser won't let me flip back and forth), and post it here, shuold anyone be interested.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/adamsamendment

I've never dealt with the above organization; know nothing about them; just posted for general interest.

People that deliberately harm animals are also a threat to HUMAN society. Many people (not on TCS, of course) may say, "It's only a cat, a dog, a gerbil, etc., not a person!". What I always say to them: "Even if you don't like animals, think about this--most serial killers started their careers with tortuing animals. Then they graduated to humans..." THAT usually makes them come around!

Those, especially children, who commit these crimes need mental health help, also.

paulena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't understand how anyone could be so cruel to this sweet lil baby. My heart bleeds for him.
I am so glad that he is receiving the proper care.

I also agree that there should be stiffer penalties for animal cruelty cases, makes me so mad!!

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I signed the petition and read about Adam...

At least he is doing much much better.. Did they ever find out who did it?

born_to_run_815

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
how any person could do such an awful thing is beyond me.

If they can set a live animal on fire what else are they capable of?

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
thank goodness that sweet baby made it thru, there are tears in my eyes at what pain he had to suffer!
I would adopt him in a second

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by angelkitty

I signed the petition and read about Adam...

At least he is doing much much better.. Did they ever find out who did it?
Yes!! Thanks to the very courageous 11 year old boy & his friends who rescued the kitten

IMO, what makes this an especially heroic young man is that apparently those teen girls were the local bullies and the kids are afraid of them, but the kitten's screams brought out the warrior spirit and the kids not only rescued the kitten and summoned help, but told on the girls, even tho those bullies know who they are and where they live
Those young people (the boy Cesar & his playmates) make me proud

By the way, thank you for signing the petition - this amendment is long overdue...unbelievable as it sounds, for us "bleeding heart" Californians, anyway, even SEX CRIMES against animals cant be charged for more than a misdemeanor
TIME FOR CHANGE

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

thank goodness that sweet baby made it thru, there are tears in my eyes at what pain he had to suffer!
I would adopt him in a second
I bet there's a huge waiting list, with all the publicity.... You should adopt a shelter kitty and name it Adam, after him