Kitten underfoot

miao_kitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok, this is kind of a wierd question, but it's becoming a big concern for my boyfriend. Sherman loves to follow us around and weave in and out of our feet when we're walking. This ends up with him being kicked or shoved by our feet. Once I practically kicked him across the room. Another time, I almost ate stair as he ran between my feet going down the steps. Is he going to get brain damage from getting booted (accidentally) like this? Is there any way to teach him to stay away from our feet when we're walking? A lot times, especially when I'm going down the stairs, if I have to go somewhere fast, I just pick him up and carry him with me.

He's very affectionate and loves to rub up against us, which is good. But it's bad when he gets kicked and stuff. Will he grow out of this phase?

Thanks

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd say it's like having small children around, one has to be on the lookout for them all the time.

I learned to "shuffle" when I walked.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

miao_kitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I'd say it's like having small children around, one has to be on the lookout for them all the time.

I learned to "shuffle" when I walked.
but kittens are sure a lot faster than babies. and smaller than children

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i my experience, NO they dont get brain damage, and YES they will get the idea, eventually, like when their 50,,lmao.

all my munchkins STILL get in the way when i walk, ESPECIALLY when they think their gonna get fed. i too have learned to shuffle my feet,lol.

miao_kitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Liza24

i my experience, NO they dont get brain damage, and YES they will get the idea, eventually, like when their 50,,lmao.
So, if cats age 20 human years in the first cat year and then (what was it) 4 human years for every cat year after that..i'll have to wait till Sherman is 8 cat years. ...so I've got another 7 years and 9 months to go. AHHHHHHHHH! LOL, that's a lot of time to incur brain damage. Well, I've been learning to shuffle or walk really slowly, and I'm gonna have to teach my bo to do the same thing. It's a little harder for him to shuffle cuz his feet are so big!!

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat is 16 and he still gets underfoot sometimes. I just think they love you so much and want your attention they're gonna get it one way or another.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ferris and Penny, my two gluttons, both get underfoot when I am preparing their wet food dishes, so that I have to be prepared to NOT trip over them or step on them when I turn away from the counter with bowls in hands.

You'd think they'd learn after the first few times, but nooooooo. At that point, it's all about how fast they can jam their heads into their food dishes.

miao_kitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Ferris and Penny, my two gluttons, both get underfoot when I am preparing their wet food dishes, so that I have to be prepared to NOT trip over them or step on them when I turn away from the counter with bowls in hands.
With Sherman it's like *EVERY* where you go. LOL...Part of me is touched that he wants to rub up to my legs all the time, and the other part feels bad when i keep knocking him in the head. heh

Originally Posted by GingersMom

You'd think they'd learn after the first few times, but nooooooo. At that point, it's all about how fast they can jam their heads into their food dishes.
If they have big heads, don't get small food bowls. They may never get them out