Which newsletter/magazine should I get?

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi all,

Do any of you subscribe to the cat newsletters or cat magazines such as Catnip (from Tufts), CatWatch (from Cornell), or Cat Fancy? If so, which did you find to be the most informative? I'd like to subscribe, but can only afford one. I'd love to hear your opinions.

(I've missed you guys! Haven't had time to surf much lately.)

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get Catnip and CatWatch. Catnip has fewer articles, but they are in depth. CatWatch has more articles, but some are shorter news blurbs. I like them both.

Cat Fancy is pretty worthless IMO. It's all ads, and the articles are barely a page long.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by littleraven7726

I get Catnip and CatWatch. Catnip has fewer articles, but they are in depth. CatWatch has more articles, but some are shorter news blurbs. I like them both.

Cat Fancy is pretty worthless IMO. It's all ads, and the articles are barely a page long.
Thank you, littleraven!

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get Catnip and I love it. The in depth information is very very good. They cover all aspects of cat care and even provide product test results, by a team of test cats, on such items as toys, litter boxes and treats to name a few. The space isn't wasted on advertisements, but it is a little pricey.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much everyone for your answers!

I'm looking for in-depth information, so I'll probably go with one of the university newsletters then...perhaps start with Catnip, and then get CatWatch too as soon as I can fit it in the budget. I can't wait!