My baby doesn't like the cold...

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry another baby thread...

At my OB appt. yesterday they listened to his heartbeat. They put an ultrasound wand thingy on my belly, and the heartbeat is played through a little speaker.

As soon as the wand with the cold gel touched my belly, he kicked right where the wand was and I felt him move away!
The doctor kept moving the wand around trying to find him and his heartbeat but he kept squirming around
The doctor was laughing - she could see my belly rippling where he was moving around and couldn't believe how stubborn he was

She eventually heard enough of a heartbeat to know it sounded fine.

Previously I've put a cold stethoscope on my belly to see if I could hear anything, and as soon as it touched my belly - he kicked it! So it seems he REALLY doesn't like cold things. So cute...

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

So it seems he REALLY doesn't like cold things. So cute...
Boy... wait until you get out into the world. Going to be bright and cold for you!

Lol, the boy I surrogated didn't want to move at all at the doctor visits. The technician had to 'jiggle' my belly a bit and he STILL wouldn't move! He was always asleep at the wrong time and awake at the wrong time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

haha, that's cute!

You need to make a video of your rippling tummy!
He's kicking around at the moment, and I had the camera nearby so just made a quick little video
I'll PM it to you when it's up. If anyone else wants to see it just let me know.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's been so long since I spent any time in the lounge - and your baby is kicking! That is SO cool, and I am sending my belated congratulations!

I hope you're living in Southern CA!

Laurie

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awww what a little sweetie!
i hope you have lots of warm snuggly outfits for that little one when he gets here

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww...we did that with Snickers (my Lab) when she was pregnant...I had no idea human babies didn't like cold either, but I guess babies are babies! Hmmm...SIL is pregnant. I wonder what her reaction would be if I said "let me put some ice on your belly". Yeah, I don't think I would survive. She would kill me right then and there!

You have a very active boy there, and very stubborn! You are going to have your hands full.

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Sorry another baby thread...

At my OB appt. yesterday they listened to his heartbeat. They put an ultrasound wand thingy on my belly, and the heartbeat is played through a little speaker.

As soon as the wand with the cold gel touched my belly, he kicked right where the wand was and I felt him move away!
The doctor kept moving the wand around trying to find him and his heartbeat but he kept squirming around
The doctor was laughing - she could see my belly rippling where he was moving around and couldn't believe how stubborn he was

She eventually heard enough of a heartbeat to know it sounded fine.

Previously I've put a cold stethoscope on my belly to see if I could hear anything, and as soon as it touched my belly - he kicked it! So it seems he REALLY doesn't like cold things. So cute...
That is such a beautiful story!!!!!
Awwwwwww!!!!!!!!
!!!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
AWW ... should we all give you advice on raising a stubborn one now???
lmao

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

AWW ... should we all give you advice on raising a stubborn one now???
lmao
I may be here tearing my hair out when he gets older!!!

Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Let's wait on the advice (she'll want it later). For now we can use the terms "spirited" and "strong personality."
Yes, that's a good idea!!
It'll certainly be interesting to see what his personality is, and whether it reflects his current levels of activity!