TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › My baby doesn't like the cold...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My baby doesn't like the cold...

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
Sorry another baby thread...

At my OB appt. yesterday they listened to his heartbeat. They put an ultrasound wand thingy on my belly, and the heartbeat is played through a little speaker.

As soon as the wand with the cold gel touched my belly, he kicked right where the wand was and I felt him move away! The doctor kept moving the wand around trying to find him and his heartbeat but he kept squirming around The doctor was laughing - she could see my belly rippling where he was moving around and couldn't believe how stubborn he was

She eventually heard enough of a heartbeat to know it sounded fine.

Previously I've put a cold stethoscope on my belly to see if I could hear anything, and as soon as it touched my belly - he kicked it! So it seems he REALLY doesn't like cold things. So cute...
post #2 of 15
Aw, that's so neat! He's going to be just like that when you meet him, too.
post #3 of 15
That is so funny! Guess you better keep to warm climate areas!
post #4 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahp View Post
So it seems he REALLY doesn't like cold things. So cute...
Boy... wait until you get out into the world. Going to be bright and cold for you!
Lol, the boy I surrogated didn't want to move at all at the doctor visits. The technician had to 'jiggle' my belly a bit and he STILL wouldn't move! He was always asleep at the wrong time and awake at the wrong time.
post #5 of 15
haha, that's cute!

You need to make a video of your rippling tummy!
post #6 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca View Post
haha, that's cute!

You need to make a video of your rippling tummy!
He's kicking around at the moment, and I had the camera nearby so just made a quick little video I'll PM it to you when it's up. If anyone else wants to see it just let me know.
post #7 of 15
Oh I'd love to see that! Was 11 when my cousin was pregnant with her first baby. I used to love to watch her kickin her Mama!
post #8 of 15
It was amazing to see! It must feel so weird to be kicked from the inside, LOL
post #9 of 15
It's been so long since I spent any time in the lounge - and your baby is kicking! That is SO cool, and I am sending my belated congratulations!

I hope you're living in Southern CA!

Laurie
post #10 of 15
awww what a little sweetie! i hope you have lots of warm snuggly outfits for that little one when he gets here
post #11 of 15
Awww...we did that with Snickers (my Lab) when she was pregnant...I had no idea human babies didn't like cold either, but I guess babies are babies! Hmmm...SIL is pregnant. I wonder what her reaction would be if I said "let me put some ice on your belly". Yeah, I don't think I would survive. She would kill me right then and there!

You have a very active boy there, and very stubborn! You are going to have your hands full.
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahp View Post
Sorry another baby thread...

At my OB appt. yesterday they listened to his heartbeat. They put an ultrasound wand thingy on my belly, and the heartbeat is played through a little speaker.

As soon as the wand with the cold gel touched my belly, he kicked right where the wand was and I felt him move away! The doctor kept moving the wand around trying to find him and his heartbeat but he kept squirming around The doctor was laughing - she could see my belly rippling where he was moving around and couldn't believe how stubborn he was

She eventually heard enough of a heartbeat to know it sounded fine.

Previously I've put a cold stethoscope on my belly to see if I could hear anything, and as soon as it touched my belly - he kicked it! So it seems he REALLY doesn't like cold things. So cute...
That is such a beautiful story!!!!!
Awwwwwww!!!!!!!!
!!!
post #13 of 15
AWW ... should we all give you advice on raising a stubborn one now??? lmao
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky View Post
AWW ... should we all give you advice on raising a stubborn one now??? lmao
Let's wait on the advice (she'll want it later). For now we can use the terms "spirited" and "strong personality."
post #15 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky View Post
AWW ... should we all give you advice on raising a stubborn one now??? lmao
I may be here tearing my hair out when he gets older!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampWitch View Post
Let's wait on the advice (she'll want it later). For now we can use the terms "spirited" and "strong personality."
Yes, that's a good idea!! It'll certainly be interesting to see what his personality is, and whether it reflects his current levels of activity!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › My baby doesn't like the cold...