Why oh Why do some women put on mascara

jujubee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
while they are driving???????????????????????

I'm a woman, I wear mascara, but here's what I do......
I get up a little earlier so I can primp at home!!!!!!!!

Geez, I got stuck behind this person, at least she wasn't yakking on a cell phone at the same time!!! Then all the sudden she turns on the blinker and turns at the same time!!!

AH, the joys of commuting...

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I dont know-wish I could answer that for ya.

Theres no way I could be able to do it, thats for sure!! And yeah getting up early, d'oh....thats the *smart* thing to do...

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Its the same way at work. Women will dump out a HUGE tote bag of makeup and spend almost the entire 8 hours troweling it on.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You must have been behind my old boss. I've seen her on 2 cell phones at once while driving and trying to eat some cinnimon bun thing with a fork. I wanted to make her pull over and let me drive!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The most amazing thing I ever saw was a woman eating an apple and READING A BOOK while driving at 70 mph on a highway. A hardback book, I tell ya! She was holding the book in her right hand and driving with the side of the apple hand.

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JuJubee

while they are driving???????????????????????

I'm a woman, I wear mascara, but here's what I do......
I get up a little earlier so I can primp at home!!!!!!!!

Geez, I got stuck behind this person, at least she wasn't yakking on a cell phone at the same time!!! Then all the sudden she turns on the blinker and turns at the same time!!!

AH, the joys of commuting...

I know....this annoys me too. Get up early enough and put your make-up on at home. When I see this, I always have the evil little thought of getting right behind them and tapping them lightly making them mess up their mascara!!!!

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

The most amazing thing I ever saw was a woman eating an apple and READING A BOOK while driving at 70 mph on a highway. A hardback book, I tell ya! She was holding the book in her right hand and driving with the side of the apple hand.

Must've been the new Harry Potter book!

My step-sister does that all the time! Yeesh! And even worse, she rides up on the bumper of the car in front of her. Some people need to relearn proper driving etiquette.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a friend in high school who would shave her legs on the way to school. Scary. Believe me I never asked her for a ride...

I don't understand why people do anything but drive while they're driving.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't. I wear very little makeup - only a little lipstick and rouge at times - most times I go "al natural" and DH loves me that way

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is one of my all time favorite calls that I've had from a customer. Names have been changed to protect the stupid.

Me: Hi, how can I help you?

Stupid man: Yes, I'd like to protest the points on my motor vehicle report! (there is a fuzzy noise like someone is on a cell phone while driving)

Me: Sir, you have these points because you were pulled over while talking on your cell phone.

Stupid man: (horn honking, and a string of profanity that would make a sailor blush) I never use my cell phone while driving!

Me: Right. I'm not going to take the points off sir.

Him: I want your manager.

Me: No problem.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, the cell phone talkers are NOTHING compared to people you just explained!

There's a guy that I work with that admits to watching movies while DRIVING IN HIS CAR on the highway. He waits until he gets onto the road and then spends his time picking out which movie he'll watch, pop it into his company-owned laptop and play that DVD away.

I just tell him I never heard him say that.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
And if you REALLY don't have time to do it at home, how about you wait until you park your car, then quickly do it then?? I'd be too scared of having to break suddenly, or have someone run up the back of me and poking an eye out!!!

We were driving yesterday and some idiot turned suddenly in front of us and DH said "nice indication :censored:". I saw the guy as he turned and said to DH "how can he indicate when he has his cell phone in one hand and is turning the corner with the other hand...".

I can't wait until they ban the use of cell phone while driving in the US. People just do not pay attention while driving.

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The was a lady who had a kid in the back seat that I saw pluck her eyebrows, apply eye liner, and pluck stay hairs! She sis this in two stoplights! I was amazed!!!

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was almost in an accident years ago because of a woman doing just that!

My ex husband and I were in a huge step van going to a job in a nice neighborhood. Some woman in a small car was putting her mascara on and heading right for us! My ex had no choice but to tear up someones lawn with his vehicle to avoid running her over.

She never even stopped. I jumped out of the step van so fast, I was about 15 yards down the street chasing after her before I realized I still had my coffee cup in my hand. Its one of those things thats funny now.

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I put on lip-gloss and/or lip-stick while driving, but mascara!?!?

Not only is it dangerous, but like, how can you accurately apply without making it look messy???

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm always up early to make sure my slaps on, but when i see women putting their mascara on in a car, or a bus i think you lazy so and so. Get your rear into gear and get up earlier to do that!

I hate seeing people eating when driving as well

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My friend Jen was on the phone with a customer and audibly "witnessed" the customer rear-ending another vehicle, during the call.

As for makeup, I don't wear any to work - I'm in a call center and nobody sees me. As long as my face clean, I'm good to go.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jujubee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Rockcat;1902112 said:
I was almost in an accident years ago because of a woman doing just that!

My ex husband and I were in a huge step van going to a job in a nice neighborhood. Some woman in a small car was putting her mascara on and heading right for us! My ex had no choice but to tear up someones lawn with his vehicle to avoid running her over.

She never even stopped. I jumped out of the step van so fast, I was about 15 yards down the street chasing after her before I realized I still had my coffee cup in my hand. Its one of those things thats funny now.[/QUOTE]

Ah, you are a fellow dedicated coffee drinker!