Name Ideas For New Kitten.

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Basically I have a few name ideas and want everyones 2c worth coz I just can't decide.

Here are the names and most have reasons.

#1 Patches. He had bald patches when I rescued him.

#2 Worm. Thought he had worms and ringworm.

#3 Ginger. My wife calls him that already.

#4 Ryu. Japanese for dragon, no actual reason for that name.

#5 Akuma. Japanese for devil, coz he is a little devil of an angel.

#6 Nomi, Japanese for flea, coz he had them

#7 White Sox. Coz of his 4 beautiful white paws.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the name Ryu as well.

felton

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'd not go agains Ginger 'cause it sounds like he already has a name.

boog's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I like Hachimitsu (Japanese for Honey), but I'd end up calling him Hachi all the time, for short. (Bee in Nihongo) Or, Shouga is Japanese for Ginger. It sounds like "suger" though. That is cute too.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I voted for Nomi because I think it's cute!

But I liked the sound of Ryu and Akuma, but I firmly believe that a person or animal's name can affect their personality. So if you want a devil or a dragon for a cat, go ahead with those names! But seriously, Mooch is a MOOCH!!!! Noodles, well at times reminds me of a wet noodle.
Olivia either means olive or something to do with an elf army. Elf army fits that cat better! That and every John and every David I've known (David is a common name in my family too) have had similarly anoying personality traits. (No offense to any John's or David's on here!) Which is why I want to name my daughter Naomi--it means Pleasantness!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by felton

I'd not go agains Ginger 'cause it sounds like he already has a name.
Well she started calling him that but now refers to him only as ' the orange thing"

Originally Posted by Boog's Mom

I like Hachimitsu (Japanese for Honey), but I'd end up calling him Hachi all the time, for short. (Bee in Nihongo) Or, Shouga is Japanese for Ginger. It sounds like "suger" though. That is cute too.
Ahh you know a bit of Japanese thats good. Hachi on its own is also 8

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Boog's Mom

I like Shouga! It's Japanese AND you can keep the Ginger name! How cute!!!

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

I voted for Nomi because I think it's cute!

But I liked the sound of Ryu and Akuma, but I firmly believe that a person or animal's name can affect their personality. So if you want a devil or a dragon for a cat, go ahead with those names! But seriously, Mooch is a MOOCH!!!! Noodles, well at times reminds me of a wet noodle.
Olivia either means olive or something to do with an elf army. Elf army fits that cat better! That and every John and every David I've known (David is a common name in my family too) have had similarly anoying personality traits. (No offense to any John's or David's on here!) Which is why I want to name my daughter Naomi--it means Pleasantness!
How does a cat remind you of a wet noodle?

A funny story here about the name Akuma, apparently someone named their child that and even used the Kanji (characters for the name) and everyone kicked up a huge fuss. But he was in his right to use those Kanji because Japan has a list of Kanji you can combine to make a childs name. Those Kanji were in the names list, so who's to blame? Not sure whether he changed the name or not.

Dragon of a cat, well that would be the perfect for my dragon of a wife

stampit3d

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YES! A picture might help to get an idea....maybe even something about the cats personality????
Linda

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

boog's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If he blends so well with the home decor, maybe you should call him "Deco"...or Ikea.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ginger, because your wife already calls the cat that.
My husband tried to change our boy kitten's name from Tiger to Blitz but Tiger was already stuck in my head so he couldn't change it!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by DIEGO

How does a cat remind you of a wet noodle?
Oh how to describe Noodles.... She's a rather neurotic cat. She just does some really odd things. Her personality is wishy washy sometimes.... DH says 'she's a special kitty.'