Zoey and Orijen

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Today thanks to a wonderful person on here
I got two one lb samples of this..So Like I do with all food Zoey tries I sprinkled a few pieces on her food/// WELLL She loved it ... I am taking one of the bag s to a local pet store and my vet to see if either is willing to carry it if distributers can be found.. I had to laugh the BAG states NOT FOR HUMAN consumtion....lmao they must have heard I taste dry food

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Amazing isn't it! I bought the trial size as well as a full size - put it down and both cats loved it. With Bijou's weight issue, I can tell you I was a happy camper.

I hope you can find a distributor that will get it for you.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Amazing isn't it! I bought the trial size as well as a full size - put it down and both cats loved it. With Bijou's weight issue, I can tell you I was a happy camper.

I hope you can find a distributor that will get it for you.
I hate to say it, but watch the portion size with Orijen. Jamie has gained weight while on it. My vet just told me today to cut his breakfast from 30 g. to 20 g.. Miezi has also been gaining weight since she started eating it.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

I hate to say it, but watch the portion size with Orijen. Jamie has gained weight while on it. My vet just told me today to cut his breakfast from 30 g. to 20 g.. Miezi has also been gaining weight since she started eating it.
I saw that in your other thread. I was sure that since it has no grains, it would be good to help him lose weight. Heavens, now I'm not sure what to do. He really does need to lose weight. He isn't in bad health but if I don't get his weight down, he could develop problems.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I saw that in your other thread. I was sure that since it has no grains, it would be good to help him lose weight. Heavens, now I'm not sure what to do. He really does need to lose weight. He isn't in bad health but if I don't get his weight down, he could develop problems.
My vet thinks it's an excellent food, but that the feeding recommendations are too high for a mainly indoor, castrated cat (Miezi is indoor/outdoor, though). Ditto for Raw Instincts, the other grain-free I'm feeding.

I'm going to start giving 25 g. in the morning, as of tomorrow, and then cut back to 20 g, and give him a little more canned if he really complains. Six kg. is a good weight for Jamie, but 6.7 kg. is way too much.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Linda
Remember feed the cat not the bAG

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Linda
Remember feed the cat not the bAG
Well, he certainly isn't starving. And actually after reading about other peoples' cats waking them in the mornings for breakfast, it make me think I may well be over-feeding since neither Bijou nor Mika ever wake us for breakfast. Bijou is quite content to sleep as long as I sleep (and as witnessed from the pictures I posted in fur picture, often long after I get up).

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well day two and she is requesting the Orijen( this has NEVER happened before other than her Natural choice)

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OKAY ... Zoey said MOM you have to keep giving me this... I have noticed smaller poops( hers werent big but I have noticed a difference ) ...

I need all the online gurus to tell me where I can get it ... the store I am hoping to get it from is now closed on weekends ...

PS the lovely lady who sent me the samples please PM me and give me a price to have it shipped if possible

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here's a link to the Orijen store locator, including online stores in the US. Good luck. I've just recently switched ours over and feel so much better getting the grain out of their diet.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Here's a link to the Orijen store locator, including online stores in the US. Good luck. I've just recently switched ours over and feel so much better getting the grain out of their diet.
thank you ... but the nearest stores are about 5 hour drive .... but I may get that desperate

I am actually asking which of the onlines folks have used as I am a online novice

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ordered mine from here

http://www.only4pets.com/

Their shipping seems a bit pricey to me, but both my cats love the stuff, and it was really the only place I could find that shipped as opposed to deliver. There may be more now, I haven't checked in a while.