Trixie Koontz, Dog (sad)

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trixie Koontz, dog friend of Dean Koontz the author, crossed the bridge on June 30th. She co-wrote books with Dean, posted her doggie wish lists and was considered a friend by many fans.

Please read this announcement by Dean. No one ever loved their dog more.

http://www.deankoontz.com/trixie/monthly-columns.php

Play happily, Trixie. There are some awesome friends waiting for you over the bridge

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry! Could someone please move this to Crossing the Bridge. That's what I get for crying while typing.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Koontz has written a lot of great dog characters, and I'm sure Trixie contributed to them all... we readers loved her, too.

My favorite was the story about the super-smart Golden Retriever who escaped from a research lab where he had learned to read English. What a perfect fantasy for anyone who ever loved an animal!

Sleep easy, Trixie darlin.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Koontz has written a lot of great dog characters, and I'm sure Trixie contributed to them all... we readers loved her, too.

My favorite was the story about the super-smart Golden Retriever who escaped from a research lab where he had learned to read English. What a perfect fantasy for anyone who ever loved an animal!

That is one of my favorite's too, and one of the first Dean Koontz books I ever read. RIP Trixie. You were so loved and will never be forgotten.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

The first I ever read was Lightning and I was hooked. Then along came Watchers, about the man and the dog, and I was a life-long fan. I loved reading Trixie's little blurbs on Dean's website. I know it was Dean talking but she truly was his inspiration in so many ways. He really has a knackfor portraying emotion, not just with people, but with the dog he loves.