Do you subscribe to any blogs?

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good question. I don't subscribe to any blogs myself. I've often wondered at the proliferation of blogs and just who the heck is reading them all. I'm sure it won't be long before I find a few that interest me.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I regularly visited a blog, but she has since stopped writing. She was a Saudi Arabian woman that just wrote beautifully. However because of some of the things she wrote about she finally had to stop writing.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a blog, and I subscribe to between 25-30 blogs which I have entered into Google Reader. So I just go to Google Reader and it shows me new blog posts by everyone I have in there.

I have a bunch of friends in there, a couple of "company" blogs (Google blog and one that lets me know of new articles for my university course), we have a feed that shows us the new movies out that week and a bunch of things like that which interest me.

I probably check it at least once a day.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Umm no .... Mostly cause I dont see why anyone wants to make their innermost thoughts known to the world.... Now a Baby polar bear , that I might like

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i read random blogs and i have my own. i didn't know you had a blog sarah - i'd love to read it! Actually I'd like to know who on tcs has a blog because i'd read them.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only one I followed closely was a woman who worked for an exclusive gated community in Florida. Her observations of the residents were humorous and insightful. Often left you shaking your head.

felton

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My master Tigger seems to have a following here.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Umm no .... Mostly cause I dont see why anyone wants to make their innermost thoughts known to the world.... Now a Baby polar bear , that I might like
It doesn't have to be your innermost thoughts. A bunch I read are my old triathlon buddies, so they put they're training up, and race reports and injury updates and that kind of stuff so people can see how they're progressing, and give advice if needed.

A couple of blogs are friends with young children, so people can keep updated with what the kids are up to, new things they're doing/learning, and see pics regularly.

DH blogs a lot about geeky stuff and new things he's discovered, or trying to do, and gets it published on a few geek blog aggregations - so he can keep up to date on new things happening, and people can read what he's doing.

Mine is mainly about what we're doing in the US, and how the baby is progressing, and will have lots of baby pictures when he's born - that way family and friends who are back in Australia can keep updated with what we're doing without me having to email everyone constantly.

As well as that, I have good "Google juice" now, so if people are searching for something I've blogged about (restaurant or hotel recommendations, favourite recipes, places to visit etc), they can find it on my blog. It's all about sharing information

Originally Posted by Renovia

i read random blogs and i have my own. i didn't know you had a blog sarah - i'd love to read it! Actually I'd like to know who on tcs has a blog because i'd read them.
Sure, I'll PM you the link!!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

hmm no i dont, unless you count the stories here on TCS .

I don't have the time or the inclination. There are just too many "online diaries" out there, and it just doesn't make sense to me to subscribe to or follow ANY of them.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

I regularly visited a blog, but she has since stopped writing. She was a Saudi Arabian woman that just wrote beautifully. However because of some of the things she wrote about she finally had to stop writing.
That wasn't riverbend.blogspot.com was it? It was titled Baghdad Burning.

I followed that occasionally also. If anyone wants to read what life is like for a young, educated Iraqi woman living in Baghdad, go check it out. It won a major award for her writing a while back which is how I found it. She's been blogging since 2003 so you can see how much Iraq has changed since then for the average person.

Her last blog post was that her family had finally decided to leave Iraq and try to move to Jordan or Syria, that was in April, and there's been nothing since. I wonder if she made it

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i admire people who can write really well AND can find stuff to write on..

i can never think of what's worthy.