What was your cat's name?

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Forgive me if I've asked this before, but I'd love to hear what everyone's cats names used to be. When I adopted all my babies they had names and I've changed all of them.

Levi was Orion
Jordan was Grover
Isaac was Fitzgerald
Maggie was Tango

How about your babies?

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Calamity was called Aunt Amalia by the people in my apartment building. Shes now Calamity Jane.

Skye on her turn in papers at the shelter was Poopie.

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Scruffy was Tiger and Twix was Rascal. The rest of our cats we had from kittens and named ourselves.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never renamed a cat before - most of mine came unnamed so I got to choose. The only exceptions were two rexes I owned that were registered before I got them. First one was already named Desperado (Desi for short) and my first rex breeding queen was registered Dark Lady (Lady for short).

Otherwise I choose all my cat's names

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hmm, some of these I might not be able to remember

Sapphire was Sapphire and we kept it even though it doesn't fit her at all

Antigone and Pandora were Lizzie and Lacy, I can't remember which was which, maybe Eileen does?
Medusa- can't remember this one either, I'm sure Eileen remembers (got these last 3 from Eileen
)
Demeter was Zippy I think, or was is Zazzy? the whole litter had Z names, that's about all I remember.
Gaia was Penny
Circe was Sofia
Nemesis was-oh crap, drawing a blank here

Poseidon was Beefcake

Hades was just Buddy, not really his name, just what they called him
Dinoysius was Grayson
Electra was Belle
and that's it!

binkyhoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a good question. All my cats, I tried to name. Then changed. I learned that they do name themselves. Eventualy I just started calling them something else. Tweenie turned to Binks. Rome turned to Hooda. And my male cat, whom i named Sue.... well that one stook surprizingly enough.
(I Thought he was female when i got him)

tnkittymom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok here they are....

Hera was Amber.
Reyah was Alice.
Thalia was Checkers.

We named Hecate, since she didn't have a name when we took her. Lucy was Miss Lucy Kitty. Since she knew her name we didn't want to change it, but we have the Greek names going, so we switched to Lucina, which is a Greek name and allows us to still call her Lucy.

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
PHX's name was PHX when I got him. I liked the name, so I kept it. On his paperwork it said Sabastian.

The lady I got him from was cRaZy and kept changing his name.

(BTW: I don't say she was crazy BECAUSE she kept changing his name. She was crazy beyond that!
... seriously!)

calico76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Misty and Claire were abandoned at 3 1/2 weeks of age and we rescued by me so they didn't have names, I got to pick and I always wanted a calico named Claire!

Pepper was named Laverne at the shelter (her sister was Shirley, who is now Gizmo).

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kitty used to be Taz, as I found out today.

Maisie was Maisie when I got her but I think she looks like a Poppy. I don``t think I`d change her name though.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Raven was "Daffy" as in Daffy Duck
Nabu was "Bugs" but also was named "Samantha"

Raven & Nabu had 2 homes before ending up with me. "Bugs" & "Daffy" were at the first home. "Samantha" was at the second that can barely be considered a home--they were left outside 24/7 and several pounds underweight.

Stimpy -- we don't know. He was left at the door of the shelter. He had a number while at the shelter. Mike got to name him as part of the agreement to adopt him.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
With Katie's kitties, Pandora and Antignone, were Lizzie and Lacy and Medusa was Fiona.

The only one of mine that had a name before I got her was Gracie. She was named Shanainai after the character on the TV show, Martin, that had all the attitude. It's her middle name now, 'cause she still has plenty of attitude.

I named Katie myself when I adopted her and Peter and Claire when they were still in foster care with the TNR group I used to volunteer with.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chessy was Chessy at the shelter.
We didn't change his name because he had been used to it at his old home for 5 years. I think it's cute now anyway.

Mia was a stray so we named her.

I don't remember Emily's name at the shelter because my college roommate got her as a kitten and she was going to keep her.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I rescued both my kitties as kittens so Frankie has always been Frankie. Wickett used to have a girls name (we coudln't tell he was a little boy right away) but it only lasted a few days and I don't remember it.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is great to read all the kitty's previous names!!

Stumpy was Genevieve - she is SO not a Genevieve. She's definitely a "Stumpy cat"

Lily was Eudora which just didn't suit the pretty little shy thing. I also prefer 2 syllable names.

Smudge was always Smudge, and she's definitely a Smudgie

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, great question!

We didn't discover it until years later (buried in his paperwork), but Dylan had been named Harrison at the SPCA -- presumably after Harrison Ford. It's a nice name! But he's Dylan to us now, after one of the two or three greatest songwriters of all time.

Sassy came from the shelter where we eventually became volunteers, where her name was Sissy. My mom named her after the cat in "Homeward Bound."

At the shelter, Clyde was named Klee, after the artist. I had called him Klee every day for three weeks while I was at the shelter, so it was an easy switch for him when I gave him my father's middle name.

Abby, Clydie's feral mother, was Mona Lisa at the shelter. When it became clear that she was too feral to be adopted and too afraid of other cats to ever leave her cage at the shelter, my mom took her in. We named her after my mom's grandmother.

Pearl was named Garbo by the SPCA, from whom we adopted her at a Petco store. I've loved the name Pearl ever since I was a kid and we had a wonderful babysitter by that name.

St. John was named Bach when the shelter took him in, but we named him after what my brother called another red tabby we knew -- a wandering tom who visited our house in Austin for only a few days, but has never been forgotten. Where my brother came up with that name, even he doesn't remember!