My surgery went well!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone!

I told you I would come on an give an update as soon as I could. Thanks to the many TCS vibes (and the skill of my surgeon) everything went well. My DH has been awesome throughout everything. He is taking great care of me and the boys (and doing laundry!).

I was at the hospital at 6:45 am yesterday morning after dropping the boys off at daycare. I was in surgery by 8 am and the rest of the day was painful blur.

I always react poorly to anesthetic, and yesterday was no exception. Much gagging and puking, but after everything was out I felt better. I spent a lot of time sleeping, except when they woke me to take my vitals and make me drink. I was out of the hospital and home by 3:30.

When I got home, I went right to bed for another 2 hours. Then I came down and the boys were pretty good at being gentle with momma. It helped that my parents were there to distract them. Derek did push against the incisions a few too many times, but I'll survive.

I slept ok to 1 am then I woke up with horrible pain. The pain does seem much worse today and I have a lot of swelling in my stomach from the areas they made the holes to do the surgery laproscopically.

I have a follow up appointment next week to see when I will be able to go back to work. I will try to check in here again soon, but I only have dial up and it hurts to climb downstairs.

Thanks again for all of the vibes and well wishes - they have meant a lot to me!

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad that your surgery went well!

Continued vibes for a fast recovery!

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Awsome! So glad to see it went ok. Hope you feel better soon.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Hope you're feeling better. Did they give you any pain pills? I regularly took mine for the the first few days so the pain wouldn't take hold.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

Hope you're feeling better. Did they give you any pain pills? I regularly took mine for the the first few days so the pain wouldn't take hold.
We kept my mom pretty well stoned, when she had hers out.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, I'm sorry it's hurting more than I thought it would.
Thanks for letting us know you're okay! Try to sleep through it as much as you can...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

I have Tylonel 3s but they don't seem to be working that well - expecial with kids and cats trying to climb me. Merlin just spent the lst hour snuggled on my lap - without touching any of the pain areas...what a good boy!

Thanks for all the continued vibes everyone!

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

I have Tylonel 3s but they don't seem to be working that well - expecial with kids and cats trying to climb me. Merlin just spent the lst hour snuggled on my lap - without touching any of the pain areas...what a good boy!

Thanks for all the continued vibes everyone!
I can't take tylenol 3s because codeine is soooo bad on my body. (let's just say it stops all digestive activity from doing its business
)

If you're in pain, you should call and ask for Percoset (even if you're not in pain, just as a preventative measure!!!). Whenever I have to have anything major done, I absolutely insist that instead of T3. It works well and although people tell me it's addictive or whatever (I guess they all are if you're dumb enough to abuse them), but I've never had a problem!)

Glad everything went well and I wish you a very speeedy and painless recovery!!!!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear that it went well and that (for the most part) everyone is being gentle with you. Especially happy to hear that Merlin was such a good nurse to you!
Give him extra scritches from me. And I will send you many fast healing and no more pain !

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Glad to hear all went well. Continued vibes headed your way for a quick recovery.