I Need To Calm Down!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So many things have happened over the last few days that I'm now wound so tightly that I don't know what to do. Even little things that I usually brush off are now adding up and making it worse and worse.

Deep breaths and wine don't work. I tried to read and I tried to watch a movie but I couldn't stay still. I work very hard when I'm like this and I've been working like crazy but from experience, if I keep it up I will get sick! I need to calm down.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry you are having such a rough week.

Have you tried pounding the living you know what out of a pillow?

Meditation?

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mom of 4

You need to go for a walk or a run and burn off some of the adrenaline. It really does help.
That's my only idea too.

I hope you feel better soon!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I just went through an episode like that. I became reactive and I hated myself because I was becoming rude and unreasonable.

I finally just took some time to myself and had a deep, wet, pity cry
. It relieved the worst of the stress.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much for the well-wishes and the advice!

I'm going to go for a walk. I have to take some DVDs back to the video store anyway, and might look for something else. I definitely have a problem with too much adrenaline sometimes, that was right on the mark!

When I come back I might have that bottle... er, glass of wine.

Originally Posted by katachtig

I just went through an episode like that. I became reactive and I hated myself because I was becoming rude and unreasonable....
WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT??? Sorry, just joking, couldn't resist, but you are absolutely right and I've been doing just that for a couple of weeks now, but it's gotten worse. Reactive is a very good description.

When I was a kid, I had to shut down when I got upset. It's not easy changing. I've been wanting to cry but it hasn't come yet.

I'll check back after my walk, thanks again.

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
no advice on how to calm down since im kind of going through the same thing but i can give you lots of hugzzz! Hang there thinking o fyou.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT???
Well then, FINE, last time I give you advice

I'm sure it will break soon. Sending you calming

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

So many things have happened over the last few days that I'm now wound so tightly that I don't know what to do. Even little things that I usually brush off are now adding up and making it worse and worse.

Deep breaths and wine don't work. I tried to read and I tried to watch a movie but I couldn't stay still. I work very hard when I'm like this and I've been working like crazy but from experience, if I keep it up I will get sick! I need to calm down.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Xanax. just kidding.

I've had a very similar week.
I just keep super-cleaning and organizing things and it keeps my mind off of the things that are making me wacky.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, I just ran across this thread... and I sure know the kind of nervous energy you mean. Did the walk help? Or did you just go straight to the wine?

I don't have anywhere to do this, so I don't know whether it would help or not -- but I've always wished I could go float in a swimming pool when I feel that way...

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't any great advice to add, I agree with going for a walk or cleaning. Just want to send
Feel better soon.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

I just went through an episode like that. I became reactive and I hated myself because I was becoming rude and unreasonable.
some people would say i am like that all the time

exercise is the best thing, at this stage of the game, since, at are age getting into bar fights only gets us in jail, and bones do not heal that well anymore

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

I don't have anywhere to do this, so I don't know whether it would help or not -- but I've always wished I could go float in a swimming pool when I feel that way...
That's something that helps me, back when I had a friend's pool to go to.

Maybe if you watch a really sad movie like Beaches or a sad animal movie like the one where the animals get lost and are trying to find thier way home and things, you could get yourself up enough to get that good cry out.

Hope things eettle down for you soon!