Need advice

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For the past 3 days Molly doesn't want cat food or her favorite cat treats. She is eating turkey lunch meat, walking around as usual, wanting to go outside in the yard etc... The only thing abnormal is her not wanting cat food. She also had some hot dog yesterday.

Benson has been eating itty bitty bites of his food also for 4 days now. He is acting normal and he is eating treats.

Someone has been throwing up tiny hairballs (like your pinkie nail) since this started.

There are 7 cats in this house. Two cats eat like pigs usually that aren't eating as much as they used to but they are still eating a good amount.
The pigs might just being filling up on dry food which is new to them or learning not to pig out cause DH would tell them NO.

The two not eating the cat food are on the same diet. Same litter too.

I don't know if I should wait this out or take Molly to the vet or wait this out since she is eating something and acting normal.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you might have spoiled Molly by giving her lunchmeat and hotdog. I used to give Chessy a little lunchmeat almost every day but then I noticed he wouldn't eat as much of his cat food and started gaining weight. Have you tried mixing the lunchmeat with cat food or putting it on top to get her to eat the cat food?

tickytat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I agree. If my cat had the choice, she'd eat only dry food (go figure) but because of her constipation, she is on an all-wet diet, which she gets sick of. In the middle of the night when she is begging for an early breakfast, I give her a small handful of dry food to keep her quiet but she has learned this and now won't eat her real breakfast of wet food.

Sounds like she just knows that if she waits long enough, she'll get something better. Some people use the whole "she'll eat it eventually if she's hungry enough," I like to make the boring food more enticing by sprinkling brewers yeast on it (miracle food attractant!) or squishing some dry food in her wet food. That usually works.

Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jenny82

I think you might have spoiled Molly by giving her lunchmeat and hotdog. I used to give Chessy a little lunchmeat almost every day but then I noticed he wouldn't eat as much of his cat food and started gaining weight. Have you tried mixing the lunchmeat with cat food or putting it on top to get her to eat the cat food?
I tried this but with fancy feast that she never had before. Didn't work. I tried heating it up for a few seconds. Nothing. She is eating soft treats that we just bought.
Originally Posted by TickyTat

I agree. If my cat had the choice, she'd eat only dry food (go figure) but because of her constipation, she is on an all-wet diet, which she gets sick of. In the middle of the night when she is begging for an early breakfast, I give her a small handful of dry food to keep her quiet but she has learned this and now won't eat her real breakfast of wet food.

Sounds like she just knows that if she waits long enough, she'll get something better. Some people use the whole "she'll eat it eventually if she's hungry enough," I like to make the boring food more enticing by sprinkling brewers yeast on it (miracle food attractant!) or squishing some dry food in her wet food. That usually works.

Good luck!
This might be the case cause she didn't have lunch meat for a year.

She is asking for food but turning her nose up to the can food.

Benson is now back to eating the canned food.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are all back to their normal selves and eating full meals.