Mojo-1; Sticky Paws-0

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mojo really likes to scratch on my chair. So I put some Sticky Paws on the spots she likes to scratch.

The first time she touched one, the look on her face was priceless, "What the heck is this on my scratchy chair???" I thought this could work!

This morning, I went downstairs getting ready to leave for work, and the little stinker went right to the chair. She didn't try scratching it - oh no - she must have been working on that Sticky Paw strip all night. It was all crumpled up and she just took it in her mouth and pulled it straight off!
Of course, she still wanted to play with it. (I thought cats didn't like sticky?!?!) That cat is going to hog-tie herself with a Sticky Paw strip.

Of course, when I took that one away, she started working on the next one. Brat.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
That is exactly what Lucy did. I put the strips on and a few minutes later I hear this "rip rip rip" The little stinker was patting it and slowly pulling it off. She just loves sticky stuff.

But then Lucy doesn't read the "what cats don't like book" Aluminum foil doesn't faze her either - it actually attracts her. Bitter apple attracts her also.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no!

Have you tried No Scratch spray? That really worked for mine.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mojo

Try putting a scratching post right in front of the chair. That has worked with a lot my wanna be scratchy furniture.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Mojo

Try putting a scratching post right in front of the chair. That has worked with a lot my wanna be scratchy furniture.
Not a great development design-wise, but it does look better than a scratched up chair. Try to make sure the post is tall enough (try to get one as tall or taller than the part of the furnature she's scratching) so she can get a good stretch in. The idea is to make the post the more attractive scratching area.

roxie225

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That is so something Roxie would do... I heard bubble-wrap works good... they don't like the popping noises it makes when they go for a scratch... I'm going to try it but Roxie is such a freak I think she would like that too!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tried the No Scratch spray. Didn't phase her.

We have a scratching post by the chair, but I'm going to move the bigger one down there.

Bubble wrap...hmmm
Mojo is the type of kitty who gets startled easily, but within 30 seconds she comes back to see what scared her.

roxie225

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Tried the No Scratch spray. Didn't phase her.

We have a scratching post by the chair, but I'm going to move the bigger one down there.

Bubble wrap...hmmm
Mojo is the type of kitty who gets startled easily, but within 30 seconds she comes back to see what scared her.
Silly Mojo... well maybe if she keeps getting startled she'll begin to get the point. It might be worth a shot, for the sake of your chair!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

Bubble wrap...hmmm
As aggravating as they can be because they are so smart and brave, you have to be extremely proud of how smart and brave they are.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

As aggravating as they can be because they are so smart and brave, you have to be extremely proud of how smart and brave they are.
She sure does keep us on our toes! She's a pipper, and I wouldn't trade her for the world.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried putting aluminum foil on the dresser to see if Riley would stay off it and he just thought it was a new toy. He was dancing around all over it, delighted with the noise it made

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Little stinker started working on strip #2 at lunch. And she's getting much more agile at getting it off too.

I swear she does this stuff to my chair just to get attention. I never just happen upon her doing it - she waits until we are IN the room.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Bubble wrap...hmmm
...it's good when the humans get creative in the toys they offer.

Little stinker started working on strip #2 at lunch. And she's getting much more agile at getting it off too.

I swear she does this stuff to my chair just to get attention. I never just happen upon her doing it - she waits until we are IN the room.
...see Moooooom? this is how to get it off...aren't you glad I'm here to help?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just use double sided tape rather than the Sticky Paws! It's much cheaper and you can pretty much cover the chair in it without worrying too much about the cost.

Stumpy and Smudge stay away from the tape, but Lily, my shy scaredy cat always tries to chrew it off then play with it. She seems to love when it gets stuck to her face

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Your cats are cracking me up!

Bubble wrap...hmmm

Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

I tried putting aluminum foil on the dresser to see if Riley would stay off it and he just thought it was a new toy. He was dancing around all over it, delighted with the noise it made

Originally Posted by sarahp

Lily, my shy scaredy cat always tries to chrew it off then play with it. She seems to love when it gets stuck to her face

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
lmao... Mojo sure is living up to her name