More Oci kitten pics

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
moreeeeeeeee Ocis....

Cute pictures. Did you say the male or the female had the darker spots? And what kind of chair is that (style)? I've never seen one like that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bahger

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

He had a cougar before the Oci's.
Very funny!

It's a "Platypus" chair by the mid-century modern Danish designer Hans Wegner. We love architectural furniture but, as you noticed, this rare piece was bought "as is" and could use some TLC.

The female, Pherber, is the cat with the darker markings. She has three of the "broken necklaces" and various other desirable breed characteristics. She's a great beauty and also a big scallywag.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They are just so doggone cute. So, if the male is the lighter of the two, he looks like he's smaller than the female. Is that right, or is it just an illusion from the photograph?

bahger

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

They are just so doggone cute. So, if the male is the lighter of the two, he looks like he's smaller than the female. Is that right, or is it just an illusion from the photograph?
No, you are absolutely right, Hope. At first, as you will recall, the little girl was timid but things have reversed in a very big way. She has grown at a faster rate than he has and is much more rambunctious and active. Sometimes she gets rough with him and he squeaks in protest, running for refuge into the nearest available lap. This male is definitely a lover and not a fighter. He adores lying in the sun or luxuriating on a lap. It's not that he isn't active, but he's not the whirlwind she is and he's not at all interested in being an alpha male; he defers to her. What do you all make of that?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If they are out of the same litter, its just their personalities - she's a more dominate kitten.

Was she the only female in the litter? Maybe she is thinking more like a male

I know Charlie was the dominate one in the litter - breeder told me so. And he will be a bigger male Oci - 11-12 lbs (he's about 10 lbs now). Oci males will go 9-12 (sometimes 13 or 14 but thats not the norm). The females can range from 8-10 lbs, so he might wind up being 9 lbs and she might be 10 lbs.

How old are they now and how much does each weigh? Charlie weighed 5 lbs at 4 months old.

bahger

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sadie's Mom

Finally, another female Oci.
I was starting to feel lonely
... And she's such a character, energetic, inquisitive, mischievous, affectionate and very eager to be the sole focus of human attention. She's very long-legged and moves like a panther. The breeder wanted to show her but we got lucky; she had bonded with her brother and when it turned out that we wanted a pair of Oci kittens, the breeder didn't have the heart to separate them.

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MY GOODNESS I LOOOVE them! I used to have an Ocicat when I was younger, I would love to have another.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let me know when you are ready - we got our Ocicat from Omaha and I know there are one or two other Oci breeders close to our area. Would you want pet or show?

Where was your Oci from? What color? What happened to him/her?

katzyn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow, absoultely gorgeous....I love Ocis....

I can't wait until I'm in my own home, out of college, so I can buy and show one...