Tim Tams!!!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

OMGOMGOMG! I found Tim Tams HERE!! Not just in Australia, but here in Colorado!!!

For those unfamiliar with Tim Tams, they are about the yummiest cookie/biscuit in the whole world. I got the chocolate ones. It's two chocolate cookies with chocolate cookie cream - not quite as sweet as Oreo - then covered in milk chocolate.

I found them at Cost Plus World Market. I don't know if they have national locations, but there are 3 in the Denver-metro area (Southwest Plaza, Park Meadows, and Boulder). That place has SO much stuff! Just the food department - sparkling water from Norway, international ethnic chocolate, marinara sauce from Italy, REAL Cadburry chocolates from the UK (will try those on the next trip), Haribo gummi bears from Germany, and I seriously about jumped out of my skin when I asked the girl if they had Tim Tams and she said YES! They are under the name of Arnott's, but she assured me that they are Tim Tams, made in Australia.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

OMGOMGOMG! I found Tim Tams HERE!! Not just in Australia, but here in Colorado!!!

For those unfamiliar with Tim Tams, they are about the yummiest cookie/biscuit in the whole world. I got the chocolate ones. It's two chocolate cookies with cookie cream - not quite as sweet as Oreo - then covered in chocolate.
As you know i am Australian..therefore very familiar with timtams
oooh i love the mint timtam balls!! do they have those over there??

You know when i used to eat too many timtams what i LOOVED doing? bite one corner, then one corner at the other end, and dip into either cold or warm milk...and suck the milk up through the timtam like a straw!!!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

oooh i love the mint timtam balls!!
Ohhh, they are the best I just discovered them a few weeks ago

Originally Posted by Dragoriana

bite one corner, then one corner at the other end, and dip into either cold or warm milk...and suck the milk up through the timtam like a straw!!!
Isn't there a name for that? Tim Tam slam or something?

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

Ooh i don't know, i just do weird things with my food lol

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oooh Tim Tams! I found Digestives by McVities in random select areas too along with Tim Tams. The Digestives with regular chocolate are my favorite, though they're a little harder to find. The milk chocolate ones are everywhere though.

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Never heard of a TimTam, but me being a chocolate and sweet-food FREAK, I am drooling at this thread!!!!!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love Tim Tams! I loved the Kahlua flavoured ones - I should check if they are still selling those though, it has been a while since I had some.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tim Tams are produced by Arnotts, You just reminded me to pick up a few on my trip!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

Tim Tams are produced by Arnotts, You just reminded me to pick up a few on my trip!
Better top you up with some vegimite too :p

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I have to, as Trav is a big Vegimite fan, I think ill have to post a big parcel over before I depart back to Germany.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I guess I need to make a trip into Boulder. I usually don't go there too often because traffic is such a bother and they have these little itty bitty parking spaces in so many places. But TimTams........

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

I love Tim Tams! I loved the Kahlua flavoured ones - I should check if they are still selling those though, it has been a while since I had some.
They don't carry the Kahlua ones. I would be ALL over those! They just had the original and chocolate at the store I went to.

See, y'all from Australia know that, but us Yanks don't have a clue!
I wouldn't have found them if the girl didn't know what TimTams were.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

Kahlua flavored Tim-Tams? Oh my.... I think I have a new mission in life.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS!!!!!!! It's looks like the closest store is Paducah. Unless there is one in the St. Louis area and my friend there can mail me some...

Originally Posted by DaniMarie

Never heard of a TimTam, but me being a chocolate and sweet-food FREAK, I am drooling at this thread!!!!!
This is why I always volunteer to have a Secret Santa from Australia.
And you aren't the only one drooling.

I remember another member found a supplier in Arkansas who ships by the case.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

For those unfamiliar with Tim Tams, they are about the yummiest cookie/biscuit in the whole world. I got the chocolate ones. It's two chocolate cookies with chocolate cookie cream - not quite as sweet as Oreo - then covered in milk chocolate.

I found them at Cost Plus World Market. I don't know if they have national locations, but there are 3 in the Denver-metro area (Southwest Plaza, Park Meadows, and Boulder). That place has SO much stuff! Just the food department - sparkling water from Norway, international ethnic chocolate, marinara sauce from Italy, REAL Cadburry chocolates from the UK (will try those on the next trip), Haribo gummi bears from Germany, and I seriously about jumped out of my skin when I asked the girl if they had Tim Tams and she said YES! They are under the name of Arnott's, but she assured me that they are Tim Tams, made in Australia.
Oh yeah Tim Tams rock!!!!! We can get them from the local Cost Plus, but the "family size" packs are also available at the local Aussie store. Check to see if there's an Australian store in your area at all

Originally Posted by missymotus

Ohhh, they are the best I just discovered them a few weeks ago

Yup, a Tim Tam slam! It has to be a hot drink so it completely melts the inside of the Tim Tam. I eat off the chocolate from each end, then suck the drink through it, and here's the key part - learn how much you can drink through the Tim Tam before it falls apart... You need to shove that whole Tim Tam in your mouth before it falls apart. It just explodes with chocolately goodness!!

Originally Posted by Lemur 6

Oooh Tim Tams! I found Digestives by McVities in random select areas too along with Tim Tams. The Digestives with regular chocolate are my favorite, though they're a little harder to find. The milk chocolate ones are everywhere though.
Yeah I get the McVities Digestives as well!!! Cost Plus is awesome for Aussie and British goodies!

Over here for some reason, they're not actually called Tim Tams (hence the confusion). They're sold as "Arnott's chocolate biscuits" or something silly like that. The packaging is just the same except for the name. It's so weird

I was just at the Aussie store last week and stocked up on choccie biscuits. I got a family pack of assorted chocolate biscuits (Tim Tams, Gaiety, Mint Slice, Caramel Crowns and I think a couple of other things), and a regular pack of Tim Tams for me to scoff, which I did
So good!