One step closer

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well the introduction between Diego and the new kitten are going wellish. The newbie is still a little defensive but coming to. As I write this they are both unsupervised in a room of their own. No noises, I go and check on them every few minutes. They are still playing the staring game.

I can see you!

Hello little guy

Whoa go easy little guy, I'm leaving, I'm leaving

They are just so cute.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

So, the new lil man ain't so fond of Diego, huh?
No, although it is going a bit better than yesterday. I have to leave them unsupervised coz newbie will come sit in my lap and make fun of Diego.

isadora44

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
haha...I LOVE Diego's quizzical look in the middle picture. He's a cutie!! Hopefully the orange kitty will adjust well...beautiful cat!

My two cats eventually got to tolerate each other after copious amounts of sensitive introductions (Isadora just makes it known to Spot that she can't get within a foot of her or she gets smacked).

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well here are a couple of the intro between Neko and the newbie.

Go away I'm sleeping

Come near me and I'm going to bite your head off.

This one is of Diego and the newbie, before the nice chair shots.

This was the newbies very first reaction to seeing Diego. He didn't do that to Neko yesterday.

Thats a pretty puffy tail.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh wow, look at that tail all bushed up!
What ever you do don't leave them alone just yet.

Try brushing Neko and Deigo, then brushing the new cat so you get their smell onto each other and do that twice a day.

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Oh wow, look at that tail all bushed up!
What ever you do don't leave them alone just yet.

Try brushing Neko and Deigo, then brushing the new cat so you get their smell onto each other and do that twice a day.
Ooops too late for that. That pic was from the first night of intro's today is day 3 and they are play fighting. Sometimes Diego is a little rough and makes the new one meow but thats just coz he's a big brute. The both had a taste of matatabi (Japanese version of catnip only better) That was rather interesting, I kept a close eye on that to make sure they didn't get carried away whilst spinning out on cat drugs
They are fine. Will post some pics of that tomorrow.

Just trying to get Neko to adjust but the wife let him outside and he hasn't come back other than to eat. Nekos reaction was quite different than when he was introduced to Diego. He just hissed most of the time with an occassional growl but no meowing. We'll see if theres any change tonight when he comes home.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh, i hope neko is going to be safe being let out. i couldn't do that. too many things outside that could hurt my babies. plus with these introductions, and him still not exactly liking everyone - i would wonder if he would leave and not come back

i know every cat is different - but my russian blue did the hissing and puffy tail while my other cat just was completely oblivious to it. he purred and purred and wanted to rub against him.

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well Diego doen't seem to have much of a problem meeting other cats, he walked right up to Neko and got smacked and hissed at for it. He hissed at new kitten but then wanted to get close. Its the other cats have a problem with him.

Neko is an outdoorsy cat, except we kept him in for about 4 days after introducing Diego.
He came back for dinner before but that was a meal outside.
He's microchipped and the vet which is just 15min walk away has his picture. He also has a collar with a tag that says he is chipped, so if anyone finds him. Should be ok, I hope.

Of course the wife is worried sick, she won't be home for another hour so thats longer for him to travel further. He only comes to me when he wants to, not when I call him. So my comforting words to my wife were "I warned you not to let him out so soon"
Some women just don't listen

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww look at those two kitties, getting to know each other

I've missed the thread about your latest addition
but heres sending lots of luck for the intros

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad he is back. Diego is such a handsome fellow, and the new guy has stolen my heart! I just love orange kitties. The pic of Neko sleeping is adorable. They make a nice set of kitties.

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

the new guy has stolen my heart! I just love orange kitties.
Mine too. I don't want to surrender him.
I try to think that he's my wee angel I need to help restore heath to, so he can enter someone elses life and bring peace, love and companionship to that person.

I hate to admit I spoil him with attention, and for the first day or 2 I actually neglected Diego a little, just feeding him and telling him off when he did something naughty. But I've made up for that now. Giving him lots of cuddles and kisses. The new 1 don't get kisses yet. Although it is tempting.

ETA I love Scooters smiley face.