Any good tv to watch?

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there anything good on during the summer? So far I watched and liked Bizarre foods, and man vs. wild. both on discovery, I think. I don't like any of the HBO so far, and am not patient enough to watch a new show I know nothing about.
Any recommendations?

menasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My husband and I get hooked on Big Brother every summer. We also watch Ice Road Truckers on the History Channel and are waiting for Deadliest Catch to come back for a new season.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hell's Kitchen which is on Mondays. But it's almost over. Another 2 or 3 shows and it wraps up.

All the rest of summer TV is garbage! So mostly I tune into CSI or Law and Order reruns.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't have cable or a satellite tv to begin with so our choices are limited to many reruns (not!) so I don't watch TV in the summer except for "So you think you can dance"!! Or a show on PBS sometimes.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by menasmom

My husband and I get hooked on Big Brother every summer. We also watch Ice Road Truckers on the History Channel and are waiting for Deadliest Catch to come back for a new season.
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

BIG BROTHER!!!!

I am so addicted
OOoooo I am a major addict of this show. I have the live feeds and I tape the 3 hours on Showtime 2.

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Hell's Kitchen which is on Mondays. But it's almost over. Another 2 or 3 shows and it wraps up.

All the rest of summer TV is garbage! So mostly I tune into CSI or Law and Order reruns.
Yep Hell's Kitchen is good too.

That's all I have been watching. Big Brother is on 3 days a week on regular tv and every night for Showtime 2.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our local PBS station is running a bunch mini-series from the 70's and 80's over the summer. So far they have re-run North and South, Centennial and Shogun. I have seen all of these before but not for many years and am quite enjoying them.

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dirty Jobs on the Discovery Channel is pretty entertaining. I find myself laughing through most of the show.

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh, strangely I have *MORE* shows that I love to watch during the summer, rather than regular season!!!!

~The 4400~ (!!!!)
~The Dead Zone~
~Monk~
~The Closer~
~Psyche~

Two that just premiered that look rather interesting are ~Saving Grace~ and ~Burn Notice~.

Plus a lot of television DVDs come out in the summer, so my netflix is jammed up with lists of shows I've missed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks for the suggestions. I will check out dirty job and the art Wolfe and maybe some of those new shows listed, the closer etc. Never heard of them except for Monk which I used to watch and like.

Have to say Big brother and hell's kitchen leave me cold. I like the other cooking competitions, food network star, and the other is top chef I think. I can't stand that miserable F*** on hell's kitchen. What a jerk

I like the travel channel shows, they have the Bizarre food show. For anyone who likes food shows, this is unbelievable. This guy goes all over the world and shows and eats food, that the natives consider normal. Yechh.
One was a Frog heart while it was still beating! I talked to a person who was in china, and said the cut up an octopus and served while it was still quivering. I asked did you at least wait until it was done moving before eating it? He says, "Well then it wouldn't be fresh.
"

rone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DaniMarie

Oh my gosh, strangely I have *MORE* shows that I love to watch during the summer, rather than regular season!!!!

~The 4400~ (!!!!)
~The Dead Zone~
~Monk~
~The Closer~
~Psyche~

Two that just premiered that look rather interesting are ~Saving Grace~ and ~Burn Notice~.

Plus a lot of television DVDs come out in the summer, so my netflix is jammed up with lists of shows I've missed.
I LOVE Monk! That show is hilarious. First season of 4400 was good, I just can't get into season two.

I can't remember the last time we watched regular TV. We subscribe to Netflix and Blockbuster.com- Netflix for foreign & weird movies, Blockbuster.com for HBO shows. I do not like to chase and prefer to watch the entire season when it releases. The only shows I chase are Top Chef & Top Design on Bravo. Some of my favs are 24, CSI, Prison Break, Grey's Anatomy, Boston Legal, Weeds.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dirty Jobs on discovery has a new season. Also, Man Vs Wild is a new season (discovery channel). And starting Sunday is Shark Week. I live for Shark Week.

That's about all the tv I've been watching. I watch Big Brother sometimes, but I can never remember to watch it twice a week.

roxie225

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by littleraven7726

Dirty Jobs on discovery has a new season. Also, Man Vs Wild is a new season (discovery channel). And starting Sunday is Shark Week. I live for Shark Week.

That's about all the tv I've been watching. I watch Big Brother sometimes, but I can never remember to watch it twice a week.
Jon and I love Shark week! I'm very excited for it this year!

We also have gotten hooked on Ice Road Truckers on A&E this Summer... it's just really amazing to me!!

altrego

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The only show that really interests me this summer is Top Chef. I can't wait for The Office and Scrubs to start up again.

tammie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by menasmom

I love The Deadliest Catch. When you find out a start date, could you post here please, in case I miss it??

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok, what is shark week and what is deadliest catch. are they about sharks and fishing? Is it reality?

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gailuvscats

ok, what is shark week and what is deadliest catch. are they about sharks and fishing? Is it reality?
yes yes and yes.
Shark Week is an entire week dedicated to Shark related shows. I love it.

I'm not as big of a fan of Deadliest Catch, but I do watch it.

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
last night I watched rescue me for the first time. that was pretty good, think I will add it to my winter schedule.

In the winter there are so many things to watch, I can't keep up. They are desperate housewives, survivor, apprentice, amazing race, ugly Betty, two and a half men, the shield, law and order, shark. Have to tape in one room and watch in the other, but in summer, nothing!