What do i take with my to St. Louis?? Need help!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok guys...i think i may need a little help here
I have not been on a vacation in a VERY long time! Colin and I are going to St. Louis the 27-31 and I am trying to figure out what to take with me. We are going to Six Flags and to the water park there. We also plan to visit the arch and the zoo and maybe a few other places (brewery/ blues clubs...not sure yet!).

What should i include in my bags when i pack?? I haven't started a list yet but am about to get on that!!

So far i'm thinking i will need the following:

bathing suites
cell phone /charger
razor/shaving cream
mini first aid kit (haha i'm a clutz
)
aloe
goggles
sunscreen
deoderant
bug spray
jewerly
sunglasses
glasses/contacts / solution / eye drops
medicine
clothes (pants, tops, sundresses, under things, socks)
shoes/sandles
beach towel
change for vending machines
makeup
loofa
lotion
face wash
cottonel wipes
magazines/ ipod for car ride up there
light weight jacket
umbrella just in case
tolitries (shampoo/soap/ toothpaste/etc)
healthy snacks for our trip
a bag for dirty clothes
body spray
little electric tea kettle (so we can heat up things in our room like soup/ mac & cheese/ etc so we don't have to waste a lot of $ on eating out.)

Also i plan to bring our own sheets/towels/ and disinfectant to clean the hotel room/use (i worked at a hotel for 2 years so there is NO WAY i would ever use any hotels bedding/towels
)

what am i leaving out???? i haven't packed in sooo long i have no idea what i'll need for that type of trip. what do people normally take to water parks/amusement parks with them???? What kind of shoes are you supposed to wear to a water park???? I bought some cheap fake crocs the other night at Target- i can put the back strap down on those so they won't fall off on water slids- is that the right kind of shoe to wear??

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Um Nikki, I think you have everything covered

As far as the shoes at the park..I think the croc type thing would be perfect!!

You are going to have a blast!

Oh! What about bottles of water?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Um Nikki, I think you have everything covered

As far as the shoes at the park..I think the croc type thing would be perfect!!

You are going to have a blast!

Oh! What about bottles of water?
Thanks Natalie!!! I tend to over pack sometimes
But hey, lifting my bags is like a day at the gym for Colin- he'll thank me for his strong muscles

Ohh i like the bottled water suggestion! I will get a little pack to take with me or just take my water bottle with me and fill it up!
I forgot how much theme parks/etc over charge for water

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How about a camera? If you're going to a water park, you may want to by one of those disposible waterproof ones too. I think most of them you can take down to 10 or 15 feet.

What are crocs? Last time I was at a water park, I wore flip flops and I lost them the first time I went down one of those tubes. Best would be wading shoes that fit kind of like slippers but are made of mesh. If you normally wear contacts and are going down tubes, slides, etc...I would recommend wearing goggles to keep the water from splashing in your eyes...lost a contact during the same trip. Yeah, keep a spare set of contact in your car just in case!

Have a great time! And remember, if you find you forgot something, there are always convienence stores!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

How about a camera? If you're going to a water park, you may want to by one of those disposible waterproof ones too. I think most of them you can take down to 10 or 15 feet.

What are crocs? Last time I was at a water park, I wore flip flops and I lost them the first time I went down one of those tubes. Best would be wading shoes that fit kind of like slippers but are made of mesh. If you normally wear contacts and are going down tubes, slides, etc...I would recommend wearing goggles to keep the water from splashing in your eyes...lost a contact during the same trip. Yeah, keep a spare set of contact in your car just in case!

Have a great time! And remember, if you find you forgot something, there are always convienence stores!
I don't own a digital camera so that's out...but i will definitely get a disposable one to take a long! thanks for that suggestion!!!!!!! (definitely a water proof one!
)

these are the shoes i wound up getting. honestly, i think their ugly....BUT they were the only ones that they had in my size (very little/narrow feet!) that looked like something i could wear to a water park and not loose.they're also supposed to be comfy- so since i have food problems that's what matters most to me! The strap on the front comes down and you can use it in the back. these are fake crocs.
I got them for about $9 so that's not bad at all!
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B000CASA46

I will keep spare contacts with me in my purse and goggles!!!! That's one of the first things on my list

btw, what kind of purse/bag do i take with me to a water park/theme park?? the one i have now is a big ole leather one that's old and bulky- i don't think it would hold up well at a water park- and it's also not the type i could hold onto well on rides/etc. Should i get one of those back pack purses? would that be a good idea? Preferably one that's plastic so it's water proof??? What do you think? I think i need to make a trip to walmart or target tonight!

whiskerynature

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Also i plan to bring our own sheets/towels/ and disinfectant to clean the hotel room/use (i worked at a hotel for 2 years so there is NO WAY i would ever use any hotels bedding/towels
)
Hm, maybe I should start doing that, too: yikes! And thanks for the tip!

What about bottled water? And a hat or visor? It gets hot walking around all day and they charge $$$$ for anything inside amusement parks (do they search your bag before you go in?).

P.S. Don't forget to check the park's website to see if they have restrictions on the size or type of bag you can take in...these days with all the security issues, you never know what they'll limit!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by whiskerynature

Hm, maybe I should start doing that, too: yikes! And thanks for the tip!

What about bottled water? And a hat or visor? It gets hot walking around all day and they charge $$$$ for anything inside amusement parks (do they search your bag before you go in?).
Ohhh i have an old purple cloth visor that'd be perfect for that! Thanks for the idea!
(definitely start brining your own linens to any hotel you stay in- your own pillow too! i always bring extra cleaner with me and wipe/clean down EVERYTHING before i use it. Hotels are soooooo gross- even the nice looking ones. When i worked at a hotel a while back- every once in a while the people higher up the chain would come in and do a black light test to see how well the staff were really cleaning....i'll leave it at that- and man our hotel LOOKED really clean too!
)

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love how you are so precise and so organized!

You can get a bag like this one to carry your things around in, but you will probably just leave them in a locker while you are on the water slides. Make sure you or Colin have a place to hold the locker key while you slide down the slides.

http://www.beachstore.com/detail.aspx?ID=2095

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

I love how you are so precise and so organized!

You can get a bag like this one to carry your things around in, but you will probably just leave them in a locker while you are on the water slides. Make sure you or Colin have a place to hold the locker key while you slide down the slides.

http://www.beachstore.com/detail.aspx?ID=2095
Aww thanks Pam
I try to plan ahead as best i can for stuff like this so we save $ and don't have any issues with forgetting stuff. If i don't have a list, i'll forget everything

That tote is adorable!!!!! too cute!
When I was at Target tonight, i found a cute little cheapo backpack type bag for $4 (the outside is plastic ish) that i can fit a lot of stuff into and keep close to my body

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We always bring a cooler to have food to eat, but you could bring your own adult beverages!! Or in case you want to have a picnic somewhere.
Don't forget an atlas/road map!!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH or I wear a fanny pack. You can get them pretty cheap at Wal-mart and they are basically waterproof, but I wouldn't suggest taking them on water rides. We usually store most stuff in a locker (there normally is a fee and a deposit which you get back), and once we are done with the actual water rides, we take a fanny pack for the other rides. If you are going to ride any coasters, they probably won't allow backpacks on the rides. You have to leave them and pick them up. Usually not a problem, but it gets to be a pain. With a fanny pack, you don't have to worry about anything. You can just shove it over to the side and strap yourself in. We store the essentials...asprin, sinus pills, cigerettes, locker key, sunglasses (you can't wear them on most rides), money, and a map of the park (you will want to hold on to the map!).

If you're taking a lot of money to the park, leave that in the locker and only take enough for food. You can always go back later if you need more. Leave the souveniers for later.

Hey, can I come with you?

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

bathing suites
cell phone /charger
razor/shaving cream
mini first aid kit (haha i'm a clutz
)
aloe
goggles
sunscreen
deoderant
bug spray
jewerly
sunglasses
medicine
clothes (pants, tops, sundresses, under things, socks)
shoes/sandles pick on or the other dont need both
beach towel
change for vending machines
makeup
loofa
lotion
face wash
cottonel wipes
light weight jacket
umbrella just in case
healthy snacks for our trip
a bag for dirty clothes
body spray
little electric tea kettle (so we can heat up things in our room like soup/ mac & cheese/ etc so we don't have to waste a lot of $ on eating out.)

)
lol what are you smoking
put down the suit case, or several .yoru not moving.

here let me fix the list for you.

bathing suites
cell phone /charger
goggles
sunscreen
deoderant
bug spray
sunglasses
medicine
only need the one you wearing and one clean pair. (pants, tops, sundresses, under things, socks)
shoes/sandles
beach towel
loofa(i dont know what that is so i will leave it)
light weight jacket
most hotels now have coffee pots etc in them

)
hmm ok i will give you that.

hehe i still that that is way to much , heck i have flowen to 13,000 miles from one, with 2 pants 2 shirts, and a couple of books

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

lol what are you smoking
put down the suit case, or several .yoru not moving.

here let me fix the list for you.

bathing suites
cell phone /charger
goggles
sunscreen
deoderant
bug spray
sunglasses
medicine
only need the one you wearing and one clean pair. (pants, tops, sundresses, under things, socks)
shoes/sandles
beach towel
loofa(i dont know what that is so i will leave it)
light weight jacket
most hotels now have coffee pots etc in them

)
hmm ok i will give you that.

hehe i still that that is way to much , heck i have flowen to 13,000 miles from one, with 2 pants 2 shirts, and a couple of books
A loofa is a mesh sponge you bathe with you goofball!
Aww but i think i need to pack everything on my list though. We're going to be gone for 4 long days in a strange city
I'm sure i might need to take our kitchen sink too!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

A loofa is a mesh sponge you bathe with you goofball!
hmm must be a women thing

4 days?? gee you dont even need to take a change of colthes

really, remember if you ever coem visit me in bali for scuba diving, there is a weight limit on planes my friend

lol sorry i am travel light kinda guy hehe

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

hmm must be a women thing

4 days?? gee you dont even need to take a change of colthes

really, remember if you ever coem visit me in bali for scuba diving, there is a weight limit on planes my friend

lol sorry i am travel light kinda guy hehe
I swear you and Colin would get along sooooo well! He'll pack like one tinsy bag to take with him with 2 changes of cloths and i'll wind up with several huge bags and tons of stuff

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ya have it all covered sweetie!!!

BTW-since you will be soo close to KANSAS~you gonna make a point to stop and say hello to me???!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

Ya have it all covered sweetie!!!

BTW-since you will be soo close to KANSAS~you gonna make a point to stop and say hello to me???!
aww that would be fun!!!!! i don't think Colin will let me make any detours this time though- he's got the whole thing planned out
We do have a season pass though that's good till the end of the 2007 season, so maybe if we go back up we could hang out sometime!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

I was wondering when you'd think of that!
I'm going to need the BIG suitcase for that one

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm always late!

Hey, if ya'll go to the zoo- I'd love to meet ya up there

FYI: if you plan on going to the arch, they are fixing a cable or something- so there is only one tram operating right now. The lines might be a little long if you planned on going to the top