Adding wet food for constipation

isadora44

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I noticed that one of my cats might be having a little problem with constipation/hard stools. I've fed her dry food her whole life and am wondering if it might not be a bad idea to add in some wet food to help alleviate the constipation. I've never seen her straining, but noticed a rather firm stool in the litterbox last night. She does get a good amount of water from the water dish...but maybe it's not enough.

I currently feed Nutro brand dry food and am not sure what wet food would be best. I'm a little leery, especially since most of the pet food recall involved wet food. Any recommendations for good brands of wet food (pref something not made from ingredients in China)? I'll be stoping by PetCo on my way home from work.

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only food I usually buy that is available at Petco is Natural Balance. They also have Avoderm and probably have Castor and Pollux (which is a local brand--Oregon based) too. Solid Gold is good, but there isn't much variety.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

isadora44

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cloud_shade

The only food I usually buy that is available at Petco is Natural Balance. They also have Avoderm and probably have Castor and Pollux (which is a local brand--Oregon based) too. Solid Gold is good, but there isn't much variety.
Thanks for the suggestions! I didn't get the reply before I left work, but I ended up choosing Avoderm on my own...so I guess I chose well. It's good to know there's a few decent ones to choose from.