Normal?

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found a day old kittten eight weeks ago, everytime she loses sight of me , she calls and calls until I come to her, is the normal?, should I ignore her?

abstract

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mbjerkness

I found a day old kittten eight weeks ago, everytime she loses sight of me , she calls and calls until I come to her, is the normal?, should I ignore her?
I wouldn't ignore her. If you found her at only a day old, she considers you to be her mother. Kittens that young generally stay next to or very near their mothers for a while, so basically, she's wondering where her mommy went.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now I can't go anywhere, without her crying, maybe I should just take her around the house with me? When she cries the dogs barks , the kids come running to see why the dog barks,

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi! Don't ignore her, she is very needy and you are mom! Even when mom cat start to separate from the litter, there are other kittens for comfort!
A little story......When I got Maia, she was 6 weeks (supposedly) and the runt. The cutest, fit in the palm of my hand, neediest, crying if I put her down, kitten! I went nuts for 3 weeks, carrying her around in a harness for 2 of them because this girl could scream! I can imagine how it has been for 2 months already, but......it is not going to last much longer and there is no feeling like it! Before you know it, they don't need you, you need them!

stampit3d

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a tiny kitten years ago that i could`nt leave either.....so I made a "Pocket" out of fake fur (wrong side out so the fuzzy was on the inside) then pinned the top of it to whatever top I was wearing and he was perfectly content to sleep in there, next to my heart as i went about my house work etc. Needless to say...I did`nt go anywhere for a few weeks til he was out on his own and could be away from me.
Linda

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lucky Girl is the sweetest kittie she just snuggles all the time, I have never seen a cat like that , my oldest human baby was like that, I have just never seen a kittie like that, I will continue to snuggle her and carry her

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mbjerkness

Lucky Girl is the sweetest kittie she just snuggles all the time, I have never seen a cat like that , my oldest human baby was like that, I have just never seen a kittie like that, I will continue to snuggle her and carry her
You will have the most amazing relationship with her for the rest of your lives! Maia is so trusting and truly my best friend!

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
Aw! She's so lucky you were able to save her! (My step-uncle rescued a kitten YEARRSS ago one night when he went to an ATM - the cat is appropriately named MAC and still has a wonderful life with him and my aunt!) And yes, she does consider you her real mama! So aside from um, actual nursing (I assume you're bottle feeding), haha, you gotta take on all the mama duties! I know I sure as heck would be carrying her everywhere with me whenever I could in some kind of pouch... how is she when you're sleeping? Like where does she sleep and how does she do? Just curious.... this makes me think of those teddy bears they have now for new human babies that simulates mom's heart beat... or the stories of people putting a ticking alarm clock under a pillow for a new puppy
Anyway, she sounds so cute! You know we wanna see pics if you have them!

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The kids named her Lucky , cause she's lucky I found her, she was just squealing on my front lawn, I don't think she was even a day old, we had her 11 days before her little eyes opened, she sleeps when I do , I keep her in a kennel at night, beside my bed, she also has naps usually on me during the day, yes I bottle fed her, althou the first night, I borrowed a feeding tube that my friend who is nursing a human baby lent me. she is a darling, and I love to snuggle her, but I have three kids , two dogs, one is a very clingy toy pomeranian, and I still need to do laundry, down stairs, everytime I leave the to go to the bathroom or do laundry, she seems to panic she cries and cries,

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
People with this young kittens often get some sort of a harness/bag for themselves so that they can walk around and do normal chores while the kitten sleeps safely tucked away in the pocket.

I guess you could make something that you could hang around your neck so that you can have the kitten with you and still have your hands free

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
Originally Posted by Siggav

People with this young kittens often get some sort of a harness/bag for themselves so that they can walk around and do normal chores while the kitten sleeps safely tucked away in the pocket.

I guess you could make something that you could hang around your neck so that you can have the kitten with you and still have your hands free
Too bad it's not winter, you could just wear a hoodie and put the kitten in the kanga pocket!

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is a little warm for a hoodie, but my 16 years is wearing one, I wish Lucky liked her as much as she liked me

chelsinator

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just read about your little kitten and I am so jealous. I hear that mothers will always want a newborn, no matter how many children they have, but I feel that way about kittens. My little Lily was only 7 weeks when I got her, still fit in my hand, and she still treats me like her mama. She's over a year now and still kind of follows me around and watches whatever I do. She even likes to cuddle up next to me at night and stays there while I'm sleeping. She is definitely a little lover kitty because of all the closeness we shared when she was young. I can imagine how much more your kitty will be this way with you. Enjoy!!!

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do enjoy her, she is a little love. I had no intentions of getting a kitty, I have an allergy to some cats, so far no problem, it has been a great experience, I have learned so many things, they are so much like a human baby, it was just amazing . I can't beleive how fast they grow, I have had alot people who would like to have her, but I can't give her away, I am so in love with her, I can't wait to see her in the morning. As soon as she hears me awake, she starts calling me

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by stampit3d

I had a tiny kitten years ago that i could`nt leave either.....so I made a "Pocket" out of fake fur (wrong side out so the fuzzy was on the inside) then pinned the top of it to whatever top I was wearing and he was perfectly content to sleep in there, next to my heart as i went about my house work etc. Needless to say...I did`nt go anywhere for a few weeks til he was out on his own and could be away from me.
Linda
I've seen people at the Humane Society do something very similar to that with the bottle fed orphans. It really helps them bond with you and they are very comforted by the fact that they are laying close to something warm with a heartbeat.

Bottle fed orphans make the best cats when they are adults. I have 3 in my household! You are very lucky!!

chelsinator

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I thought that sooner or later, I would be less enamored with Lily, you know? I thought maybe she was just going through a stage. But the more affection I show her, the more excited she gets to see me. She waits outside doors for me, then when I come out, she jumps up, runs down the hall, climbs on top of this kitty scratcher tower and waits for me to come pet her, all the while purring and making other affectionate noises. It's the cutest thing!!! She even flicks her tail in this funny way when I talk to her and comes to me to be pet. They say cats don't come when you call, but she most definitely does... I can't imagine how she'll take it when I actually have babies of my own...

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I carried Dushka round in a soft bag round my neck from three weeks old, when I found her with pneumonia, and had to force feed her as she wouldn't eat. She is now almost 5 and still sleeps in the crook of my arm every night and sits with me wherever I am. We have a very special bond, though I love all my cats.