TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Male Circumcision Update
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Male Circumcision Update - Page 2

post #31 of 51
I have three brothers. My father hated the idea of circumcision - not for health reasons but because he wanted his boys to be just like him. Also, I think he saw it as something Jewish people do and he is a bigot.

My middle brother was accidentally circumcised, nurse put the wrong name on the list. None of my brothers ever had diseases due to being unclean. I don't see that it really matters one way or the other.

I don't see it as abuse, certainly not intentional abuse. However, I don't really see any reason to have it done. Boys are perfectly capable of learning how to care for their bodies.
post #32 of 51
hmm just checking in on the penis discussion.
lol i really have nothing to add so i will just leave now.

ok i changed my mind
"Those who want to play the abuse argument should look at some sections of the world where boys as old as I believe 8, maybe alittle older, maybe a bit younger, are circumsized as a right of passage"

very true itta nephew is about 10 i think maybe younger, and is muslim,and he was just taken and had his done. They like jewish people think it something that should be done.

i disagree with the whole abuse think, it is not in anyway the same as female Circumcision,
it does no damange, or prevents pleasure later in life. SOOOO i guess i am saying, what the big deal.
post #33 of 51
As a woman and speaking aesthetically, I prefer a circumcised man.
post #34 of 51
I usually don't comment on things like this but here we go.

1. It's up to the parents to decide it is the right choice for them.

2. According to research that my brother and father have done circumcision can be helpful in preventing disease. (Both are doctors)

3. I may prefer the look of a circumcised male, but perhaps that because that's all I've ever seen.

4. If I ever had a son I'd think long and hard about it. I'd read articles for and against it in trying to make my decision.
post #35 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite View Post
As a woman and speaking aesthetically, I prefer a circumcised man.
Word!!!! I agree, I suppose if you love someone those things shouldnt matter, but then again everyone has their own beliefs and preferences... If I had boys they would be circumsized, do I think that makes me cruel... Um no, not at all!!!
post #36 of 51
not that I plan on having children, but if I did, and it were a boy, he would be circumcised, there is no doubt in my mind.
post #37 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReesesPBC View Post
Appologies to those who get a mental picture, but I was never circumsized, and the reason is because I was so sick as a baby that it was the last thing on my parent's mind, so they never got around to it. I've personally never had any real problems. I read someone commenting on their S.O. or BF have sensitivity problems, and that one I'll attest to, but it isn't as big of a problem as she made it sound that it was for him. I've always heard about there being more chance of infection and bacteria, but as long as you keep it clean and use common sense, it's not an issue.
Reese my husband is not cut either because he was 3 months premature. He's also not had any problems. He does have more sensitivity. But I wouldn't call that a problem. Personally circ penis' look funny to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyes View Post
I did a paper on circumcision years ago...back in college...oh how time flies!lol...the conclusion I came to was that it is totally unnecessary and a cruel act...not sexual abuse but abuse...ofcoarse a baby won't remember it, but they will feel the pain, some will pass out, some will scream. Just because an infant/child doesn't remember an unpleasant moment doesn't mean it is erased from their subconscious and will not affect them psychologically.
If there was a logical reason to do this procedure, eg: health benefits, then I wouldn't disagree with it so much, but there are no health benefits. All arguements in favour for it IMHO were negligible.
I also did a paper on circumsision. My premise was that it was a mutilation. Before everyone gets on me look up the definition! Everyone calls a female circ a mutilation but not men. That's because you don't want to see it that way.. Not my problem. As far as sexual abuse I don't see it that way. Sexual abuse means "to force sexual attention to the person." It is not a sexual attention; it's a surgical one.

My research also brought up psychological pain. Such as circ boys were slower to potty train, they started to nurse later, etc... It was small things that was believed to be linked to pain early in life.
I wish I had the paper online. But I never did put it up.
post #38 of 51
Thread Starter 
My son was totally potty trained by the time he was two years old.

Foreskin removed for hygienic reasons that have been proved

and Clitoris removal so women have no sex enjoyment are NOT apples to apples IMO.
post #39 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalemWitchChild View Post
...I also did a paper on circumsision. My premise was that it was a mutilation. Before everyone gets on me look up the definition! ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merriam-Webster Dictionary online
1 : to cut up or alter radically so as to make imperfect
2 : to cut off or permanently destroy a limb or essential part of
Neither definition applies to circumcision.
post #40 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by coaster View Post
Neither definition applies to circumcision.
I'd say that 1st fits pretty well. It is imperfect because it's not how they were born.
post #41 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
My son was totally potty trained by the time he was two years old.

Foreskin removed for hygienic reasons that have been proved

and Clitoris removal so women have no sex enjoyment are NOT apples to apples IMO.
Are we going to cut off an ear because they won't clean that either? It's simple. Teach them to clean.

As far as the potty training that's great. Obviously not every child is going to do the same.
post #42 of 51
And there could be many many reason why a child may potty train later than average. Not all of it can be traced back to circumcision. Some are just not developmentally ready for it.
post #43 of 51
Thread Starter 
Sooo, if you have Breast augmentation, you have mutilated your breast?
If you have a nose job, you have mutilated your nose?

This is hilarious.
post #44 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalemWitchChild View Post
I'd say that 1st fits pretty well. It is imperfect because it's not how they were born.
NOTHING at all about me is how I was born. Yet not one of us is perfect, regardless of any surgery that may have been performed along the way. Frankly, your logic, to use a term very loosely, is imperfect.
post #45 of 51
Thread Starter 
Coaster, you have been MUTILATED.

So have I, I had a Lumpectomy.
post #46 of 51
Lets see one of my sons was born with a tongue tie and a cleft palate. So was he born perfect and I mad him imperfect having several surgeries to fix it. Or is it the other way around. Or what about those nifty shots that I give him 3 days a week so he can grow. Does that make one imperfect.

Or what about my other son that had a kidney issue and we had to remove part of the tube that runs from kidney to bladder. So is he imperfect because of that surgery.

Or what about my other son that had his tonsils anoids removed. Imperfect now?

At any rate some are against the procedure. Fine and dandy don't have it done. Some of us see no issues with it andits not right to make those people feel like they did some great injustice to our sons.
post #47 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite View Post
As a woman and speaking aesthetically, I prefer a circumcised man.
Same here. And....uh, yeah, I've had enough partners to form an educated opinion..and the ones who've had it done seem to get the most pleasure. It's like my g-friend says, if men invented the procedure, you can be sure that it's for the benefit of men, not for the convenience of their wives.
Both my grandsons had it done, and anesthesia was used. The first one whimpered, but you should've heard him SCREAM when the nurses were washing his hair :yikes: The second was sleepy and didn't really do much of anything. The anesthetic was done with the swab & then the injection, just like the dentist fixing a tooth.
post #48 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
Sooo, if you have Breast augmentation, you have mutilated your breast?
If you have a nose job, you have mutilated your nose?

This is hilarious.
I don't know if it was here or another board but I've already answered this one. But yes I do believe you get a nose job or other such elective surgeries yes it's mutilation. The difference is YOU chose to do it. If a man wants his penis circumcised let him do it later in life. Yes I know there are increased risks, but I do not believe we have the right to make such a final change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coaster View Post
NOTHING at all about me is how I was born. Yet not one of us is perfect, regardless of any surgery that may have been performed along the way. Frankly, your logic, to use a term very loosely, is imperfect.
that is your opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ping View Post
Lets see one of my sons was born with a tongue tie and a cleft palate. So was he born perfect and I mad him imperfect having several surgeries to fix it. Or is it the other way around. Or what about those nifty shots that I give him 3 days a week so he can grow. Does that make one imperfect.

Or what about my other son that had a kidney issue and we had to remove part of the tube that runs from kidney to bladder. So is he imperfect because of that surgery.

Or what about my other son that had his tonsils anoids removed. Imperfect now?

At any rate some are against the procedure. Fine and dandy don't have it done. Some of us see no issues with it andits not right to make those people feel like they did some great injustice to our sons.
I know it is a necessity to perform surgeries to correct birth defects. We are talking about an elective procedure. Having a foreskin is not a birth defect.
post #49 of 51
Thread Starter 
I do not believe having an elective surgery is mutilation. It does not fit the definition in the Webster's or any other dictionary.

Maybe you do believe it is mutilation, but that is your opinion and does not make it so.


And to the poster that said the benefits of circumcision are "negligible", when it has been proven to help with the spread of Aids, wow, if you think that is negligible, I don't know what to tell ya.
post #50 of 51
this is such a great topic to discuss! Mostly because it has been a common trend in our society for far to long and accepted. I am one of those folks that does not believe everything I'm told....if I were than I'd probably believe that pagans should be burned at the stake because natural medicines were evil and no woman should ever have the knowledge to help heal(back in the dark day). Questioning common practices and researching them is important for us to grow. Doctors are not know alls....we need to realize that they are continually learning as well. There are so many post here that I would love to debate but don't have time to do so in proper detail. I can sum up MY personal knowledge by saying...do a search on circumcision and READ carefully. There are far too many statistics urging people against it. As for AIDS, knowledge is the most powerful tool in prevention. There are way too many general comments about the pros to this procedure here for me to believe that the posters have done much research, its more about 'she said,he said'.
One thing I have to address and apologize is my comment about the procedure being 'abuse'. It is not abuse because the parent approving the procedure believes it is a benefit for the child. That was a mistake on my part, what I do think is that it is an imposition on the rights of a human being. Why? because it is unnecesary and as a parent I would research the procedure before I agreed to it. My doctor has never be the deciding factor for any procedure I agreed too, without researching it myself first. Let that human child make the decision for themselves when they are old enough instead of being subjected to trama that does not benefit them. Oh, for the record that extra skin that is cut off is not loose as it is on an adult male when the child is born it is stuck to the penis making the procedure far more traumatic.
as for psychological effect, sorry don't have time....do a search! there are oodles of pages with information on that.
last comment, I dated an uncircumsized man and aesthetically speaking....um...I don't know what to say...its a penis...I didn't think they were pretty to begin with!lol..sorry...but its an organ, it didn't affect my opinion in any way and the gent had no problems with sensitivity.
post #51 of 51
We had our son done when he was a baby. I had the health nurse and prenatal class strongly against it but a few people I knew had their sons have problems as they grew older and had to have it done anyway. At least I know he won't have problems down the road and need to get it done as a teen or adult...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Male Circumcision Update