Site slow?

andrea742

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is it just me or does this site load realllllllll slow?

I don't have problems on other sites. But sometimes it takes forever for me to bring up a thread here
So slow sometimes I won't let it load all the way. I really like this site, but I tend not to reply on some threads because it comes up slow.

Sometimes it loads pretty fast, but most of the time it don't?

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its the same way for me has been for weeks. And I have High speed internet.Usually its just the first post I try to view then after that its usually ok.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

andrea742

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have high speed too. Whats weird is sometimes it will load up fast, then it starts to load real slow. Most of the time the first ones I click on loads up fast. But after a while it slows down to worse than dial up.

The site in general loads up fast most of the time, it's the threads once I'm on here that is slow.

tammie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gardenandcats

Its the same way for me has been for weeks. And I have High speed internet.Usually its just the first post I try to view then after that its usually ok.
This is exactly the way it is for me too: the first thread I click on to read takes forEVER to open but then things usually pick up a bit.

Sometimes answering can be really slow too.

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am having the same problem, and I even did a recovery and it didn't help. Mine also takes a very long time to post what I just wrote..I too have DSL connection and this is the only site I have been having problems with for about the last month. Recently it got so bad that I couldn't even post without it kicking me off the net...

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I am not aware of any specific reason for this. As far as I know, the server should be working just fine (and it's loading finr for me today). We are actually about to move servers, hopefully on Thursday. Hopefully our new and improved machine will solve these issues for those that experience it

jujubee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Now that you mention it, today it is really slow. Usually for me it's slower in the morning, I am in Washington state and I just figured it was due to high volume etc.
It gets faster later in the day, but I'd say for the past couple days it's been slower all day.

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know.....I'm not convinced it's a server problem. Are all you other guys with loading slow problems also using Internet Explorer 6.0? I have the problem only with IE, but when I use Firefox, the pages load and render just fine.

tnkittymom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by coaster

I don't know.....I'm not convinced it's a server problem. Are all you other guys with loading slow problems also using Internet Explorer 6.0? I have the problem only with IE, but when I use Firefox, the pages load and render just fine.
I'm using IE 7.0. Lately, I've been having the same problems that others have mentioned. It's not all of the time, but sometimes I can't hardly get it to load any thread. This problem just started for me about a week ago. I'm, also, using high speed (DSL).

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ya, but IE 7.0 probably has the same problem as IE 6.0 if it's a client-side glitch. I can't see any other reason that Firefox works and IE doesn't. Firefox loads the page and it renders almost immediately. IE sits there with "Done" showing on the status line and a white screen for a long time. There's got to be something on the page that IE is choking on and Firefox isn't.

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's not what mine does.
The very first time I come on the site in the morning and click on the first thread I want to read it doesn't leave the main forum page it sits there for a few seconds...on the main page...and then the thread I want to read pops up.
I never get the white page.
It's ONLY the first post I try to read and only the very first time I come on in the morning.
After that everything loads and works just fine.

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually enter the forum directly into a subscribed thread via a link in an email notification. Just now I tried entering via the main index page and it popped right up, so maybe Graciecat's on to something there.

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My e-mail notifications work fine, there's no delay there.
It's just the first time I come to the main forum page to read any new threads.
It's the first new thread from the main site page that takes a while to come up.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It does change depending on how busy the site is, I find it is much quicker when I am on earlier with only 20 or so others including guests than during the day when there might be 200 people on including guests.

tnkittymom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's like with mine! It's random, but I do get the white page sometimes that was mentioned before, also.