Newbie requests help with a kitten. =)

katzyn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi, there, everyone. My name is Kat, and I am a newb here. =) I haven't been on here for more than a few minutes, but this seems like a wonderful forum, and I'm sure someone here could help me.

You see, I am fostering (and hoping to keep) a youn g (3-4 weeks old) male stray kittne. I have had this particular kitten in my personal care for about four days now. My problem is that though I have seen him urinate (indeed, he's urinating on me all the time!), I have yet to see him poop, or find any feces from him. After a couple of days, I started worrying, and now, I'm definately worried that -something- might be wrong.

Can anyone give me hints as to how to get him to defectae, or at least tell me if I should continue to worry?

Thank you all very much. =)

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you stimulating him to go? Normally a kitten that young wouldn't be going much on his own yet. Sounds like he has the peeing down, you probably just need to help him to poop

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Kat and welcome to you and your baby boy ..........

Heres some links to help you care for him .....

http://www.kitten-rescue.com/

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho....php?t=74659\\

As far as his poo ...... you can take a warm to cool (but not hot at all) washcloth and stimulate him to go poo simulating his Mom licking him. Thats what a Mother cat will do to help go poo.

Above is some great info on taking care of him.

Thank you for taking care of this little guy and welcome to TCS.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katzyn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jen

Are you stimulating him to go? Normally a kitten that young wouldn't be going much on his own yet. Sounds like he has the peeing down, you probably just need to help him to poop
Oops, sorry; I wasn't specific at all. =P

Yeah, I stimulate him (by rubbing the lower belly region, yes? Rub down, towards the anus?), but so far...nothing, except urine. =/

EDIT~~Wow, thanks a lot for both the welcome, AND the links! =D I'm going to go read/print them. =)