We're going to Six Flags!!!!!!!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm soooooooooooo excited!! (bet ya'll couldn't tell
) Colin and I are going to st. louis the 27-31
i'm soooooooo happy!!
I can't wait!!! We both have the same birthday, July 29- so we're kind of going as a gift to each other and to just have fun. I haven't been on a real vacation in years (taking off work to see family doesn't count
) so i'm really looking foward to our little trip!!!
My sister and her family are going to come and feed/look after our furbabies so they will be spoiled rotten by the time we get back
I've never been to St. Louis so i'm kind of excited to go explore a new city!! I think we're going to visit the St. Louis zoo while we're there as well. Those of you who have been to that area- any other good recommendations????

frisk

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ohh, how exciting, lucky you!
Every time I see the advertisments it makes me want to go there! Hope you have a safe trip and Happy early Birthday!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Frisk

Ohh, how exciting, lucky you!
Every time I see the advertisments it makes me want to go there! Hope you have a safe trip and Happy early Birthday!
aww thankyou! i appreciate that!!!!!
i am soooooooooo excited it's not even funny!! i've always wanted to go to st.louis so that should be really fun! we're going to go to the theme park and water park because it's included with admission. i think we might go to the zoo as well since that's free.

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Have fun!!!!!!!! I haven't been to six flags in seven years.... my friends go every year but I've just never made it out there again!

(Six Flags in MA)

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It'll be tons of fun Nikki, I know it will!
And take pics of the zoo for us!!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A friend of mine went there last year and really enjoyed a riverboat cruise! And of course, the beautiful Arch... they just had some sort of problem with the trams inside it, but I know one of them is working.

And he said there are some serious blues clubs in St. Louis where you could hear the blues the way they played it there almost a century ago... but I don't remember any names. Bet the concierge at your hotel could tell you, though.

Have a safe trip and a wonderful time!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys!! I'm really excited!
We're supposed to book our hotel reservations tonight when he gets off work (yea last minute i know!)

I've been to the Six Flags near Dallas and the one at Kentucky Kindgom and loved those so i bet st. louis is going to be good!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
uhhh remind me to NEVER wait till the last minute to make a hotel reservation again!
We're having issues finding a decient priced one/etc with availability/non-smoking. Uhhh i think we're narrowed it down to 3. Keep your fingers crossed we find one in the next few minutes as i'm about to fall asleep if we stay up any longer lol.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Woohoo
I used to go to Six Flags in Jackson, NJ all the time when I lived up that way. Now I've got the option of Carowinds in Rock Hill/Charlotte. Have an awesome time!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well we were able to find a good hotel /well priced last night around 1am
i just called again a minute ago to confirm it. Aww i'm soooooo excited!!!

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are going to have the time of your life!! I was born and raised in St. Louis and six flags was a frequent event for us growing up. I now live in Dallas, and we go to the one here frequently. St. Louis is a wonderful city with alot of history...the arch is another main attraction and a must see if you have the time. There is also the big beer brewery in St. Louis and is a very interesting tour of how it is made, and you get to see the famous Clydesdales while you are there...Have a great trip..

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's so exciting!!! Glad you found a hotel!
Have a great time!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsRNmom

You are going to have the time of your life!! I was born and raised in St. Louis and six flags was a frequent event for us growing up. I now live in Dallas, and we go to the one here frequently. St. Louis is a wonderful city with alot of history...the arch is another main attraction and a must see if you have the time. There is also the big beer brewery in St. Louis and is a very interesting tour of how it is made, and you get to see the famous Clydesdales while you are there...Have a great trip..
Ohhh thanks for the tip on the Brewery!! I didn't even think about that!! My friend's sister works there- i wonder if we could try and squeeze that into our visit! I think we are also planning on seeing the arch, visiting the zoo, and hitting some local spots to listen to the music as well.
I am soooooooo excited!!!!
I went out today with my friend and got my nails done (my birthday prestent to myself
) and found a really cute pair of sunglsses for $8 to take with me
Awww i can't wait! I'm going to start making a list of stuff to take with me soon. Haha i think at the top of the list is SPF 70!!!!!
I burn like crazy without it.

Originally Posted by Jenny82

That's so exciting!!! Glad you found a hotel!
Have a great time!!
Aww thanks!
I'm sooo excited! The only thing i'm not looking foward to is leaving my furbabies- but i know my sister and her family will take great care of them.

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nikki, I am glad that you are going to the zoo also..it is one of the nations largest ones and I think it is still free admission..After the zoo, you must go to Ted Drews (famous) for frozen custard..it is a St. Louis tradition and the best. I have some shipped to me here in Tx. every now and then just to taste it again...

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsRNmom

Nikki, I am glad that you are going to the zoo also..it is one of the nations largest ones and I think it is still free admission..After the zoo, you must go to Ted Drews (famous) for frozen custard..it is a St. Louis tradition and the best. I have some shipped to me here in Tx. every now and then just to taste it again...
Uhh that sounds soooooo yummy!!!!! BUT....i'm lactose intolerant
Do they have frozen yogurt there?? That i can have without any issues!!
Normally i can handle a little ice cream with a few lactaid pills (in small amounts) but custard absolutely kills my stomach unfortunately! I might take a few pills and just try a little bit though if it's that good

I'm soooo excited about going to the zoo!!!! I can't wait to see all the animals!!!
The Memphis zoo here is really nice, but the St. Louis zoo is supposed to be bigger and better so i'm really happy we're going to see it!
I can't wait to see the giraffes!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ClaireBear

I went to six flags just a couple of weeks ago. Soo much fun, your going to have a great time!
which one did you go to???????? i've been to two before - one near dallas and the six flags over kentucky kindgom. I had a blast at both of those!
I'm sooooo excited about our trip!!!! I've been on cloud 9 all day
This is our first real vacation together too so that's a little exciting!