All Creatures, Small and Slimy

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I asked Daughter to run outside and get basil and parsley for the pasta sauce, and lettuce for the salad tonight. She brings them in, and I'm carefully washing the lettuce - it's an organic garden and nobody wants Slug Salad.

Anyway, I find the inevitable slug, call Daughter to take it outside and she comes running and exclaims, "Sluggie!!!" like she's just been reunited with a long-lost pet! She takes it and carefully puts it back on the lettuce. *Sigh*

BTW, her crazy "pet" squirrel threw itself against the french doors the other day when I was in the kitchen and scared me half to death! Why is it so desperate to get in here?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The two things I cannot stand are cockroaches and slugs - they are both really gross. I pour salt on any slugs I see!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's wonderful that she has such an affinity for animals.

Your story reminds me of my childhood. My parents always had a garden, and at dinner time it was common practice to run outside and pick something for that night's dinner. How I miss doing that! You're very lucky to have a tasty garden to enjoy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

The two things I cannot stand are cockroaches and slugs - they are both really gross. I pour salt on any slugs I see!
I have no trouble killing mosquitos and fleas, but anything else I don't want to kill! Oh, I forgot about roaches, yeah, add those to the list.

Originally Posted by pushylady

It's wonderful that she has such an affinity for animals.

Your story reminds me of my childhood. My parents always had a garden, and at dinner time it was common practice to run outside and pick something for that night's dinner. How I miss doing that! You're very lucky to have a tasty garden to enjoy!
And lucky to have a helper, like your parents!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, that does it... I'm officially crazy about your kid.

She's nine, right? Well, so is my nephew. He's tall and handsome and brilliant and funny and musical and really sweet.

So how do we arrange this engagement? I think you're supposed to send us some goats or something...

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

...She's nine, right? Well, so is my nephew. He's tall and handsome and brilliant and funny and musical and really sweet.

So how do we arrange this engagement? I think you're supposed to send us some goats or something...
We are sending the goats by Fed Ex!
Please tell me more about your amazing nephew!

Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

Your daughter sounds so sweet!!!
I'd love to hear more about your children, too!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
AWWW... your daughter is a doll... umm and sounds alot like me..lmao... I still have animals following me

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

AWWW... your daughter is a doll... umm and sounds alot like me..lmao... I still have animals following me
I'll bet when you are out walking, you have cats flump down on the sidewalk in front of you, too.