I hope I don't get eaten by a bear.... or a cougar....

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I actually am scared. I'm going to the catskills , heading over tonight and will be there till friday. It all started with a dream, long before this tris was planned, now I find out there are lots of bears. oh god help me. So if you all don't hear from me by the weekend

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you will be fine,lol your going to a VERY beautiful area. I HIGHLY doubt you will come in sight with a bear or cougar, let alone contact,lol. what are you going to exactly?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Youll be fine... if a cougar stops by to talk just tell him you have to get home to your domestic felines

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Youll be fine... if a cougar stops by to talk just tell him you have to get home to your domestic felines
I'll do that

my friend has a cabin up there that is not much more then a step above a tent. I so loved nature ...now I'm becoming scared of it... what happen...or scared of it eating me

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Liza24

your gonna have a blast!!!!
being eaten by a bear or cougar doesn't sound like a blast.....

roxie225

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

You're not going to get eaten!!

Relax and let yourself enjoy how beautiful it is there! You'll be fine!! Have a great time!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ladycat

being eaten by a bear or cougar doesn't sound like a blast.....

Im sure you'll be fine. Try to have fun!

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
ok calming down. my ride is suppose to be here soon.....suppose to thunder & rain all week too...

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless your heart, stop worrying and have a good time! My gosh, a cabin in the Catskills, deep in a rainy wood, cozy and quiet... it sounds wonderful!

If you do see a bear, make a lot of noise -- they say it scares them off.

If you see a cougar... um... try saying "Niiiiiiice kitty" while you back slowly away...

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i guess you could try to explain to the kitty that it is wrong to kill and eat meat.

Err, but i dont think it would listen.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
bears would rather run than eat you... youve probably heard that before but it's true and Cougars arn't known to eat people in low populated areas unless your bleeding flailing and making the sounds of a mountain goat i'm sure you'll be fine.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh I'm sure you'll have a great time! I don't think it's that common to even get to see one of those animals in the wild. Just keep yourself sprayed down with bug repellant, then you can tell Mr Cougar or Mrs. Bear that your really quite bitter tasting!

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I LIVE!

I had a nice time, I did see lots of little creatures. funny though, everyone had a bear mailbox or something bear so I'd sat "oh no it's a bear!" It was an interesting trip, fun & relaxing and a few maybe not so good random things happen (my friends car breaking down, getting lost etc....)