TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Slightly disgusting occurance yesterday
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Slightly disgusting occurance yesterday

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
While out shopping yesterday, DH and I decided to stop and get something to eat. I opted to get a sub for myself from quizno's and he wanted to eat at KFC. While sitting at KFC and eating I noticed something out of the corner of my eye and did a quick double take.... it was a roach
The thing was happily marching it's little feet down the divider beside our booth. I can honestly say I was very happy I was eating a sub and not KFC....

And, to make it better what does the roach do? It walks all the way down the divider till it's next to me, where it stopped and watched me.... we stared at each other down for several seconds (insert western movies draw music here). Then I decided to blow at it thinking it would spook it away. Wrong. It waved it's little antennae at me then resumed it's march... coming right towards me.
I had no intention letting the little thing become any more 'friendly' with me and I certainly wasn't going to share my sub, so I moved. Staff were informed.
... We won't be going back to that KFC anytime soon.
post #2 of 18
omfg, that was to funny the way you told it!!

but im with you!! EWWWWWWW. Glad i order out,lol
post #3 of 18
Yuck. I hate roaches.I don't eat in KFC ever and I'm sure glad I don't now!!
post #4 of 18
omg I would have died.

Roaches are my #1 full-blown phobia (flying is #2).

I would have screamed and ran out of there, totally spazzing out.

yuck. Just thinking about it makes my heart race and my stomach queasy.
post #5 of 18
I hate to burst your bubble, but the Sub place probably has them too, they just weren't as visible.

I think we'd all be surprised if we knew what we were really eating when we eat out - especially the fast food places which are often being run by our teen population.
post #6 of 18
OHHHH gross - that would have made me lose my appitite immediately! I can't STAND those things - them and slugs.......

But I would have gone up to the manager of the place and told him/her about what I saw - they need to clean/spray! BEFORE it winds up in someone's food and they are sued!


BTW my DH worked in fast food places - some are better then others. White Castles are about the cleanest. Perkins - well he will not get anything there except a breakfast with egss cause they have to make them to order - he told me about some things in Perkins (him working there) that you would not order anything other then a made to order breakfast (or the muffins since they are made first thing in the morning).
post #7 of 18
Gross! I`ve never seen one but ewwww!
post #8 of 18
Roaches are almost everywhere unfortunately. I have roach traps all around my house but yet every now and then I still find the nasty things.
post #9 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by strange_wings View Post
While out shopping yesterday, DH and I decided to stop and get something to eat. I opted to get a sub for myself from quizno's and he wanted to eat at KFC. While sitting at KFC and eating I noticed something out of the corner of my eye and did a quick double take.... it was a roach
The thing was happily marching it's little feet down the divider beside our booth. I can honestly say I was very happy I was eating a sub and not KFC....

And, to make it better what does the roach do? It walks all the way down the divider till it's next to me, where it stopped and watched me.... we stared at each other down for several seconds (insert western movies draw music here). Then I decided to blow at it thinking it would spook it away. Wrong. It waved it's little antennae at me then resumed it's march... coming right towards me.
I had no intention letting the little thing become any more 'friendly' with me and I certainly wasn't going to share my sub, so I moved. Staff were informed.
... We won't be going back to that KFC anytime soon.

Poor guy was just hungry!

jk.. I think they're nasty
post #10 of 18
I would have lost my appetite at that time..Here in Texas, the roaches come "super sized". Yuck!!
post #11 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite View Post
I hate to burst your bubble, but the Sub place probably has them too, they just weren't as visible.
It's possible. Though I think the people in the bank would pitch a fit if there was. The Quizno's in that town shares space with a bank, the only division between parts of it is some glass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45 View Post
OHHHH gross - that would have made me lose my appitite immediately! I can't STAND those things - them and slugs.......
Why slugs? Unless you've stepped on a few barefoot before, then they're really nasty.
I'm not grossed out by roaches so much, if they're outside I could care less. I've even considered breeding a couple tropical species for my reptiles because they don't smell.
It's the thought that it could have been crawling on something I touched that's gross or that it could crawl on me, I feel the same way about the crickets I sometimes use as feeders for my geckos. (crickets are much much nastier )
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsRNmom View Post
Here in Texas, the roaches come "super sized". Yuck!!
Don't they say "everthing's bigger in Texas" ?
post #12 of 18
oh man,....i would have killed the little bugger right then and there!!! Uhhhhhhh!!! Gross!!!!
post #13 of 18
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww, roaches are sick!! That is a sign of a nasty environment
post #14 of 18
Ewww, that is SO gross! I hate bugs! If it was me I would have lost my appetite and ran the heck outta there.
post #15 of 18
aww the little baby wanted a home.
post #16 of 18
A bug is a bug is a bug afterall. Why would roaches be any different than anyother beatle bug anyway? I do NOT like bugs generally. The only ones I tolerate well and don't try to kill are lightening bugs, butterflies, lady bugs, those white house spiders, grasshoppers, crickets, bees, bubblebees, praying mantis (I think they're really neat) & dragon flies (although I really haven't seen one in years). But......that's just me .
post #17 of 18
Haha, that reminds me. Last summer a fox blew out one of my kitchen window screens (guess he wanted some of my pork chops), and I was being lazy and just hadn't replaced it for a few days. I was cooking breakfast with the window open and all of a sudden I hear this rattling and buzzing flying around. This cicada flew in from outside and I was frantically trying to swat at it with a spatula in one hand and a frying pan with eggs cooking in the other. The thing flew around a couple times and then I hear a "Plunk!" then followed by "HISSssssss..." and then a strange burning pine smell... ugh... the cicada flew straight into my eggs... cicada omelette anyone?

Since having moved out of NYC and into the mid-west, I have yet to see a roach, anywhere. I'm sure there's a few somewhere in the more urban parts, but I haven't seen a roach in my apt, outside, or in a restaurant, for a long loooooong time. In NYC they were a daily occurance, in the subway, in food places (wendy's, boston market, white castle, mcdonalds, etc), in the apt, around trash, everywhere.
post #18 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimp98 View Post
aww the little baby wanted a home.
Insects around here tend to live a short life, only the meal worm beetles get a reprieve and thats because they need to breed the next generation of gecko food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemur 6 View Post
The thing flew around a couple times and then I hear a "Plunk!" then followed by "HISSssssss..." and then a strange burning pine smell... ugh... the cicada flew straight into my eggs... cicada omelette anyone?
Oh! my turtles would have loved that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemur 6 View Post
Since having moved out of NYC and into the mid-west, I have yet to see a roach, anywhere. I'm sure there's a few somewhere in the more urban parts, but I haven't seen a roach in my apt, outside, or in a restaurant, for a long loooooong time.
Actually, you're right. The species of roaches that infest homes are not that common in this area. For the most part homes and a lot of businesses are not crowded in next to each other and it's dry here.
Just talked to my brother in law earlier, and yep - that KFC is known for being nasty. He has worked in several fast food places (travels around and trains people) and hasn't seen roaches in any of the places.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Slightly disgusting occurance yesterday