Slightly disgusting occurance yesterday

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
While out shopping yesterday, DH and I decided to stop and get something to eat. I opted to get a sub for myself from quizno's and he wanted to eat at KFC. While sitting at KFC and eating I noticed something out of the corner of my eye and did a quick double take.... it was a roach

The thing was happily marching it's little feet down the divider beside our booth. I can honestly say I was very happy I was eating a sub and not KFC....

And, to make it better what does the roach do? It walks all the way down the divider till it's next to me, where it stopped and watched me.... we stared at each other down for several seconds (insert western movies draw music here). Then I decided to blow at it thinking it would spook it away. Wrong.
It waved it's little antennae at me then resumed it's march... coming right towards me.
I had no intention letting the little thing become any more 'friendly' with me and I certainly wasn't going to share my sub, so I moved. Staff were informed.
... We won't be going back to that KFC anytime soon.

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
omfg, that was to funny the way you told it!!

but im with you!! EWWWWWWW. Glad i order out,lol

catnip

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yuck. I hate roaches.I don't eat in KFC ever and I'm sure glad I don't now!!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
omg I would have died.

Roaches are my #1 full-blown phobia (flying is #2).

I would have screamed and ran out of there, totally spazzing out.

yuck. Just thinking about it makes my heart race and my stomach queasy.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hate to burst your bubble, but the Sub place probably has them too, they just weren't as visible.

I think we'd all be surprised if we knew what we were really eating when we eat out - especially the fast food places which are often being run by our teen population.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OHHHH gross - that would have made me lose my appitite immediately! I can't STAND those things - them and slugs.......

But I would have gone up to the manager of the place and told him/her about what I saw - they need to clean/spray! BEFORE it winds up in someone's food and they are sued!

BTW my DH worked in fast food places - some are better then others. White Castles are about the cleanest. Perkins - well he will not get anything there except a breakfast with egss cause they have to make them to order - he told me about some things in Perkins (him working there) that you would not order anything other then a made to order breakfast (or the muffins since they are made first thing in the morning).

wildflower79

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Roaches are almost everywhere unfortunately. I have roach traps all around my house but yet every now and then I still find the nasty things.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

While out shopping yesterday, DH and I decided to stop and get something to eat. I opted to get a sub for myself from quizno's and he wanted to eat at KFC. While sitting at KFC and eating I noticed something out of the corner of my eye and did a quick double take.... it was a roach

The thing was happily marching it's little feet down the divider beside our booth. I can honestly say I was very happy I was eating a sub and not KFC....

And, to make it better what does the roach do? It walks all the way down the divider till it's next to me, where it stopped and watched me.... we stared at each other down for several seconds (insert western movies draw music here). Then I decided to blow at it thinking it would spook it away. Wrong.
It waved it's little antennae at me then resumed it's march... coming right towards me.
I had no intention letting the little thing become any more 'friendly' with me and I certainly wasn't going to share my sub, so I moved. Staff were informed.
... We won't be going back to that KFC anytime soon.
Poor guy was just hungry!

jk.. I think they're nasty

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would have lost my appetite at that time..Here in Texas, the roaches come "super sized". Yuck!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I hate to burst your bubble, but the Sub place probably has them too, they just weren't as visible.
It's possible. Though I think the people in the bank would pitch a fit if there was. The Quizno's in that town shares space with a bank, the only division between parts of it is some glass.
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

OHHHH gross - that would have made me lose my appitite immediately! I can't STAND those things - them and slugs.......
Why slugs? Unless you've stepped on a few barefoot before, then they're really nasty.

I'm not grossed out by roaches so much, if they're outside I could care less. I've even considered breeding a couple tropical species for my reptiles because they don't smell.
It's the thought that it could have been crawling on something I touched that's gross or that it could crawl on me, I feel the same way about the crickets I sometimes use as feeders for my geckos. (crickets are much much nastier
)
Originally Posted by catsRNmom

Here in Texas, the roaches come "super sized". Yuck!!
Don't they say "everthing's bigger in Texas" ?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh man,....i would have killed the little bugger right then and there!!! Uhhhhhhh!!! Gross!!!!

frisk

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ewww, that is SO gross! I hate bugs! If it was me I would have lost my appetite and ran the heck outta there.

pookieboy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A bug is a bug is a bug afterall. Why would roaches be any different than anyother beatle bug anyway? I do NOT like bugs generally. The only ones I tolerate well and don't try to kill are lightening bugs, butterflies, lady bugs, those white house spiders, grasshoppers, crickets, bees, bubblebees, praying mantis (I think they're really neat) & dragon flies (although I really haven't seen one in years). But......that's just me

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Haha, that reminds me. Last summer a fox blew out one of my kitchen window screens (guess he wanted some of my pork chops), and I was being lazy and just hadn't replaced it for a few days. I was cooking breakfast with the window open and all of a sudden I hear this rattling and buzzing flying around. This cicada flew in from outside and I was frantically trying to swat at it with a spatula in one hand and a frying pan with eggs cooking in the other. The thing flew around a couple times and then I hear a "Plunk!" then followed by "HISSssssss..." and then a strange burning pine smell... ugh... the cicada flew straight into my eggs... cicada omelette anyone?

Since having moved out of NYC and into the mid-west, I have yet to see a roach, anywhere. I'm sure there's a few somewhere in the more urban parts, but I haven't seen a roach in my apt, outside, or in a restaurant, for a long loooooong time. In NYC they were a daily occurance, in the subway, in food places (wendy's, boston market, white castle, mcdonalds, etc), in the apt, around trash, everywhere.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

aww the little baby wanted a home.
Insects around here tend to live a short life, only the meal worm beetles get a reprieve and thats because they need to breed the next generation of gecko food.

Originally Posted by Lemur 6

The thing flew around a couple times and then I hear a "Plunk!" then followed by "HISSssssss..." and then a strange burning pine smell... ugh... the cicada flew straight into my eggs... cicada omelette anyone?
Oh! my turtles would have loved that.

Originally Posted by Lemur 6

Since having moved out of NYC and into the mid-west, I have yet to see a roach, anywhere. I'm sure there's a few somewhere in the more urban parts, but I haven't seen a roach in my apt, outside, or in a restaurant, for a long loooooong time.
Actually, you're right. The species of roaches that infest homes are not that common in this area. For the most part homes and a lot of businesses are not crowded in next to each other and it's dry here.
Just talked to my brother in law earlier, and yep - that KFC is known for being nasty.
He has worked in several fast food places (travels around and trains people) and hasn't seen roaches in any of the places.