Can I get some of those handy dandy vibes please?

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone!

Today is my last day at work before my gall bladder surgery tomorrow. I would appreciate getting some good luck and heal quickly vibes.

I'm not really worried about the surgery - but I am concerned about the recovery. My boys won't understand why they can't climb all over momma like they are used to. Kevin may be good, but my little D-man just loves to climb all over momma every chance he gets.

The good news is that at least the boys will be going to daycare every day - except for this Friday and I'll get to spend some quality time with the kitties without the boys interfering.

Thanks!

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh goodness,
GOOD LUCK
, I'm sure you'll do fine.

I wish you a very speedy and smooth recovery!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the vibes everyone! I am just sitting at work today wasting the day.

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck!

Two of my friends have had gall bladder surgery. One has kitties, the other has a rambunctious 15-month-old human.
Neither the kitties nor the toddler understood the whole "don't stand on Meowmy/Mommy" concept, but it all worked out for them in the end with a minimum of discomfort. If you need any post-surgery help/advice, just let me know and I'll ransack their brains for you.

Just to cheer you up, though -- both my friends are much happier and healthier since they've had the surgery. It's made such a big, positive difference in their lives!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i had absolutely no problems with mine. i was 42 when i had mine out - laproscopically. more problems with the rash the bandages caused [i'm allergic to adhesive!] i think you'll have as much trouble with the kits as the kids - don't yours like to knead your tummy?
anyway, the only lasting effect was fatigue. i was tired for about a week afterwards.
upside - i did so well with that surgery [my first since my tonsillectomy at 3 years of age] that i decided to have gastric bypass surgery, which also went extremely well!
more

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
It is finally here! Sending fast recovery vibes

I was ok until Lucy jumped onto one of my incisions. I wasn't too happy but survived it without any problems.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Speedy recovery vibes coming your way. Don't try to do too much - take advantage of this downtime.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone!

I'm not to worried about the cats - as they are getting older, they are less rambunctious and willing to sit on my lap for snuggles. They are no longer allowed in the bedroom when I am in there so all is good while I sleep.

Derek is beginning to settle with his crib instead of co-sleeping and has just been weaned (boy my boobs hurt) so I won't be hurt while breastfeeding. I am hoping for smooth sailing!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

It is finally here! Sending fast recovery vibes

I was ok until Lucy jumped onto one of my incisions. I wasn't too happy but survived it without any problems.
Peepers did that to me (2 times) when I had my perodid (sp) gland removed. That was painful!!

I have had more surgery in 36 years then most people have in their lives!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sending lots of vibes your way. Hope all goes well and you feel better soon.