Herbal Teas

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone here drink herbal teas? I've had several boxes of Celestial Teas in a variety of flavours in my cupboard for years! I'm sure they are stale by now, but they still taste ok.

The other night instead of making a pot of decaf or making Tetley Tea I decided to have some of the herbal stuff. Over the last 2 days I've had several cups of different flavoured teas and I quite like them. Not sure why I got away from drinking them before.

If you haven't tried Celestial Teas, you should. I have almost all of the flavours at the link above.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm an avid tea drinker (hate coffee) but I can't stand to drink the herbal teas - they sound/smell good, but I need the caffine. We get a mix of the Bigalow teas (raspberry, mint, vanilla caramel, English breakfast, and Chai).

I have a cute little "tea house" that sits by the stove for hot tea.

DH only drinks coffee in the morning - afternoon and evening he will drink tea with me.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like Celestial teas - but only certain flavours. I like the minty ones. I always like Tension Tamer, Sleepytime and Mint Magic.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a big fan of the orange and apple flavor's I find them very relaxing after a busy day at work.

I also drink Ginseng tea in the morning for energy. It works very well.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like their Tension Tamer, Blueberry, and Peach teas.

I also LOVE Tazo teas. Besides their Awake Black tea (which is awesome), I like Passion, Wild Sweet Orange, and Blueberry white teas. There's also a minty herbal tea that I like, but I can't remember the name offhand.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ewwww! I hate hot fruity flavour drinks!

Did experiment with green tea once but the almost full packet is stuffed in the back of a kitchen cupboard.

PG Tips for me!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do have a box of the Tension Tamer and I plan on having some this evening.

I had some "Green Tea" last night and didn't much care for it.

For the fruity flavoured teas I love to make a pitcher of it and then put it in the fridge and have it over ice. You can add sugar and a bit of lemon too. I sometimes add a bit of lemon, but otherwise I just have it cold over ice if I am having it "iced".

It's also refreshing to freeze it into popcicles.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

I'm an avid tea drinker (hate coffee) but I can't stand to drink the herbal teas - they sound/smell good, but I need the caffine.
but i mix the two. when i make a batch, i use 4 herbal tea bags + one regular tea bag. that way i get the flavor of the herbal, plus the caffeine & other stuff i need from the regular tea. this makes about a coffee pot full of double strength tea, which i dilute, sweeten, & keep in the fridge [i drink my tea iced]. i use a coffeemaker to make tea - i have a 2nd coffeemaker for guests who want coffee, so my tea never tastes like coffee.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You could add the flavor teas when making iced tea. We throw in 3-4 different kinds and mix up a pitcher.
I tried ice tea once but didn`t like it much. They don`t seem to sell it in many places here or I`d have anouther try. I know I`m a fussy cow

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I make my own teas now... lol.. herbal and black/ green/ white/red( not a true tea).. I am spoiled a local company will make a blend if I want so I dont dry leaves or anythign

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Doesn't England drink most of the tea with milk? I can drink it either way - so that may be why y'all don't really like the iced tea. Southern USA is very big on the iced tea (especially mint)

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jaffacake

I tried ice tea once but didn`t like it much. They don`t seem to sell it in many places here or I`d have anouther try. I know I`m a fussy cow
well, even here, it's sometimes hard to find decent iced tea in restaurants. i have a theory, yet to be disproved - if the tea is good, the food will be, too. you can get good food & bad tea, but i've never had the reverse happen.
a lot of places will make a batch 1st thing & let it sit all day
it gets sour & nasty-tasting, then. Starbuck's tea is always good, tho.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Doesn't England drink most of the tea with milk? I can drink it either way - so that may be why y'all don't really like the iced tea. Southern USA is very big on the iced tea (especially mint)
Yes, I don`t think many people here drink black tea unless they`ve run out of milk and are desperate
I think you could be right though. When I`ve run out of milk and had it black it was a bit harsh but then I think the everyday kind of tea is ment to have milk with it.

My mum used to make nettle tea!

Originally Posted by laureen227

well, even here, it's sometimes hard to find decent iced tea in restaurants. i have a theory, yet to be disproved - if the tea is good, the food will be, too. you can get good food & bad tea, but i've never had the reverse happen.
a lot of places will make a batch 1st thing & let it sit all day
it gets sour & nasty-tasting, then. Starbuck's tea is always good, tho.
The only kind I`ve seen here is Liptonice? I think that`s what it`s called.
Someone brought out an ice coffe frappe too but it didn`t last long.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jaffacake

The only kind I`ve seen here is Liptonice? I think that`s what it`s called.
Someone brought out an ice coffe frappe too but it didn`t last long.
ok, i can't stand bottled tea, for the most part. it's usually WAAAAAAY too sweet, & just doesn't taste fresh... now, SweetLeaf brand is ok... Red Diamond brand is ok... altho it's a bit too sweet.
i like mine freshly made, please! not instant, not bottled!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just recently, I found "Gold Peak" iced tea in nice glass bottles at CVS and at Kroger -- it's the only diet bottled tea I've ever found that doesn't have lemon or some other flavor added to it, and it's pretty good for bottled!

I agree that Starbuck's is the best, though. I always have them put a splash of green into the black tea, and it's soooo good and icy on these ungodly hot days.

Tazo is what Starbuck's brews, so I bought some Tazo Earl Grey at the store the other day... but I think I let it steep too long.

Hey, I finally found out what "bergamot oil" (which is what makes the Earl Grey flavor) is, by the way -- it's from the bergamot orange, which comes from the Meditteranean!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Earl Grey is my FAVORITE! Stash makes a double bergamot Earl Grey that is superb!
even better than the Tazo, which i also like.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like what most people refer to as "ice tea". That sweet stuff with lemon and sugar *gags*

I grew up drinking "ice tea" and when I first saw it on a menu I was thrilled and ordered it. It was disgusting!!!

My idea of "ice tea" is making a pot of tea, adding milk to it and putting it in the fridge to get cold. Then serving it over ice. Plain, normal tea with milk allowed to go cold. That's ice tea to me

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm not a big tea person......The only kind I really enjoy is Vanilla Black tea (I forget the company that puts it out, but it is SOOOO yummy).

And I must confess, I love sugary iced tea..... ALTHOUGH, my grandmother brought me some from Texas that is unsweetened instant iced tea and it is REALLY yummy!!!! (apparently the company only sells there because it's a small company)