My rescued kitty

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now this wee baby was an absolute
and delight to shower.

If you are unfamiliar with the story behind this beautiful boy, heres the link.
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=135608

If his pics don't melt your heart and turn you into a steamy pool of mush I don't know whats going on

Before pic, getting ready for shower

A shot of his face

This is a head rub, so he would fall over and I could get a shot of his side colourings. He's not being hurt in any way.

Immediately after the shower. He practically fits in the palm of my hand

After getting a bit dried, he found Neko's litter box. I hadn't shown it to him coz we were housing him in a cage, before finding out he's not contageous. He doesn't scratch a hole or cover, but it was only pee so no worries yet.

Exploration time.

I demand an ear scratch right now

AAhhh thats better.

I've got a few name ideas, let me know what you think.

Sox or White Sox (coz his paws are white.), Mittens, (same reason), Patches, (coz of his bald patches), Worm, (coz thought he had worms or ringworm), or Nomi, (thats the Japanese word for flea since he has a few.)

Anne (Moofiecat) I've given him an ear scratch already for you

frisk

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Awwww, he's just adorable!
Not too many cats are a delight to shower!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
His markings are gorgeous! I can agree that the spot on his head isn't ringworm.....but is that flea dirt all over his face? Poor kid....at least he's now clean!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Frisk

Awwww, he's just adorable!
Not too many cats are a delight to shower!
Diego isn't too bad, he likes to walk around a bit, he even purrs when being showered. Neko likes to climb all over the bathtub but generally isn't too bad.
But this wee boy, he just sat there, didn't say anything, was enjoying the pats, rubs and scratches. Even ended up purring, very well behaved indeed.
I have found in the past, when I found a stray/feral kitten, he too didn't mind too much. I believe they just love the attention after they have relaxed around you.

I wanted to ask how old everyone thinks he is? yesterdays vet nurse put him around 3-4mths, I think thats a bit too old, but he is skin and bone. (a shop staff had been feeding him but then stopped a few days before I got him)
I forgot to ask Dr Tanaka how old he thinks he is. But compared to Diego who is almost 6mths, he is just so tiny. at a guess I would say 2.5 maybe 3 months.

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

His markings are gorgeous! I can agree that the spot on his head isn't ringworm.....but is that flea dirt all over his face? Poor kid....at least he's now clean!
The part I thought was ringworm is under his chin, he won't hold still for a pic of it coz he's trying to merge and become 1 with me (rubs all over me happily purring and spraying snot everywhere)

I think its dust on his face but on his head before the shower was sh*t and after shower 1 of those pics, shows a flea on his head. He won't stop squirming for me o remove them.

Now for the ultimate challenge, I'm about to brush him to finalize his grooming/cleaning and make him even more handsome than he already is.

Oh, Oh, would you say he's like a ginger tabby???

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG, OMG, I'm going to give Diego away (energetic wee brat) and keep this mellow we boy. He loved being brushed.

Seriously though I gotta make my wife fall in love with this kitten. She calls him Ginger even though she doesn't want us to name him since we are going to find him a new home. She does however want him to play with Diego and Neko once he's better. I think thats not a good idea though, coz I want him to go to a place with no other animals so he gets all the attention and love that he deserves, it would be sad for him to get attached then separated from our 2. Also I don't want our 2 to get attached and then separated from him it would be too sad.

Check out these grooming photo's though, then you will know why I wanna keep him.

Sunbathing to get dry

Getting ready to be brushed

During brushing. (fyi thats just my hairy leg in the pic
)

He prefers to just stand/sit there when being brushed, rather than being held.

Oooohh I am so smitten for this wee kitten

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is very sweet

I would say he is a ginger tabby, I think it is only the USA that calls ginger cats orange.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, just
gorgeous!!! I wouldn't be able to let that little guy go.

Maybe that's the angle, let everyone get attached and then he just can't go
. What a little sweetheart.

tnkittymom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awww! He's too precious!!! I'm sure he feels much better now that he's all clean.
Good job!

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Anakat

He is very sweet

I would say he is a ginger tabby, I think it is only the USA that calls ginger cats orange.
Yeah but orange does sound a bit cooler than ginger I have to admit

Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

He is soo adorable!!

I would NOT be able to give him up.....
I'm hoping for a miracle that my wife will let me keep him. Only thing is she told the landlords daughter about Diego and the landlord is p*ssed. It was meant to just be Neko they said. We never signed a contract saying only 1 cat.

Originally Posted by DaniMarie

Oh my gooooosh!!!!!!!!
He is sooooooo adorable!!!!!!
I love the sunbathing picture!!
Awwwww!
Originally Posted by TNKittyMom

Awww! He's too precious!!! I'm sure he feels much better now that he's all clean.
Good job!
He is amazing. I can't help but think he was born in someones house then dumped. He is just too friendly and nice. Whats more I built him his own toilet and used the old fashioned litter, he can actually dig a hole then cover it up. Neko's litter is like pellets and this wee 1 didn't seem to know what to do yesterday when he tried to go, so didn't cover although I think he wanted to.

If I could string my sentences together properly and really convey just how much of a delight he is. I'm sure someone on CTS would be on the 1st plane here to collect him

He's eating heaps
. Yesterday he was fed 4 times. I am letting him do this til he puts a bit of meat on his bones. Then his food will be rationed to 2 meals a day.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What an absolute doll! Those eyes! Nobody in the world could possibly blame you, if you end up keeping this little guy -- he is just such a sweetie!

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Oh he is just tooo cute!!! He looks like he feels tons better after being cleaned up so nicely!
I'll let you in on a wee secret but don't tell anyone ok.
I'm so tempted to shower him again, not coz he needs it but coz it was soo easy and enjoyable. But I can't coz it won't be good for him.
I'll just have to wait til the next time he needs a shower.

He ain't happy if I put him in his cage to do things, such as eat or house cleaning, he gets most upset, when he can't be beside me 24/7.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is so precious! I would not be able to let him go. I am amazed that he took to his shower so well. Good job on cleaning him up so well. I would be shredded if I tried to shower any of my little brats.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by DIEGO

He's eating heaps
. Yesterday he was fed 4 times. I am letting him do this til he puts a bit of meat on his bones. Then his food will be rationed to 2 meals a day.
He's gorgeous!!.

Just so you know, kittens need extra food when their little, so 4 times a day is good because that's what i do with Jack