Anyone here believe in Ghosts?

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have ALWAYS believed in ghosts, and have come in contact with a few. That lead me to what i do now. I am a part time paranormal researcher, part of a team that is called to go into people's houses and check out their activity.

we have all the same things you see on TAPS, except for the thermal cam, they run about $5000 and our group is not for profit, its its all out of pocket. We have caught QUITE a few amazing things, and have been nationally known for it. We are called Western NY Paranormal.

Anyone else?

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
My grandpa definately hung around his house, to see that i was ok. He missed my teenage years so we didn't have a close link. But for a while i actually got a feeling of dread and bad, not one of enlightenment.

I know Jazzy also hung around because i could hear her meows outside my bedroom door (she sounded different to Charlie)

And when i went to the Werribee Mansion last year (which is haunted, and i am going again in a couple of months) there was one room that i just stopped at the doorway and could not enter at all. One of my photos also turned out with a bright light, there were no windows behind me either.

I do.

tnkittymom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh wow! My DH and I are huge fans of TAPS. We love watching Ghost Hunters. When I was growing up, I was one of those "have to see it to believe it" type. I am now a believer after witnessing too many things over the past several years. Do you all have a website that shows some of your findings? I did a search, but wasn't sure which one, if any, were your group's.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TNKittyMom

Oh wow! My DH and I are huge fans of TAPS. We love watching Ghost Hunters. When I was growing up, I was one of those "have to see it to believe it" type. I am now a believer after witnessing too many things over the past several years. Do you all have a website that shows some of your findings? I did a search, but wasn't sure which one, if any, were your group's.
yes, we do have a site, but its being revamped. once its back up and running, i will let you know should be sometime this week

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

My grandpa definately hung around his house, to see that i was ok. He missed my teenage years so we didn't have a close link. But for a while i actually got a feeling of dread and bad, not one of enlightenment.

I know Jazzy also hung around because i could hear her meows outside my bedroom door (she sounded different to Charlie)

And when i went to the Werribee Mansion last year (which is haunted, and i am going again in a couple of months) there was one room that i just stopped at the doorway and could not enter at all. One of my photos also turned out with a bright light, there were no windows behind me either.

I do.
oh wow, sounds good! anyway you could send me the pics, that would be awesome!! and when you go back, take as many digital pics as you can, and if able, send some to me. I love seeing people pics, never know what you can catch!!!

tnkittymom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Liza24

yes, we do have a site, but its being revamped. once its back up and running, i will let you know should be sometime this week
Thank you!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There was an interesting thread about this not too long ago in the CL.

I do

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do in fact I think my current house is haunted. Twig will stand at our shower door and just stare at it forever if he gets the chance.
If we are taking a shower, he will sit in front of the shower and watch the door until you come out of it then meow at you until you pet him and tell him it's ok.

Hubby and I were ah..... showering one day, well anyway and Twig was actually banging on the shower doors and crying. So we opened the door, I stuck my hand out and petted him with water on my hand (something he normally hates and will run from) and he just sat there, staring at us. It was pretty creepy. But when we got out of the shower and left the bathroom, he was fine.

Kind of creeps me out since our neighbor said that the former owners wife passed away in this house.

The other cats aren't bothered with the bathroom in any way. But if Twig is upset and crying like he was the other day, Neffie will start to cry too.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes! I sure do because I've had a few experiences with them. And I'm convinced that one of the offices on a ward I work on is haunted. It's an assessment room and has a bed in it, and the the room is used by the night staff to go and have a nap on their breaks. I and some others have had really bizzar experiences in that room. I didn't know about any of the experiences until I told one of the nurses about it and she said that I'm not the only one who has ever had weird experiences in that room.

Plus I had an experience back in 1980 or 1981 with my deceased Mother. I know I was awake because I was sitting up in bed reading a really good novel and kept hearing someone call my name. I was home alone and got up to look around the apartment thinking that maybe me fiance was home and playing a joke on me. After getting back into bed and continuing to read, the form of a woman, my Mother, appeared sitting on the bed near my feet. She looked beautiful and I could see her and hear her but her mouth never moved, but we had a conversation. I haven't seen her since, but I know I will see her again because she told me when and where. She told me that when I get married she wants me to marry in a church (I had plans to marry my fiance in front of a Justice of the Peace), and she told me to look at the left corner at the back of the church and I would see her on my wedding day.

There have been other incidents, but those are the 2 that stick out at the moment.

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Liza24

I have ALWAYS believed in ghosts, and have come in contact with a few. That lead me to what i do now. I am a part time paranormal researcher, part of a team that is called to go into people's houses and check out their activity.

we have all the same things you see on TAPS, except for the thermal cam, they run about $5000 and our group is not for profit, its its all out of pocket. We have caught QUITE a few amazing things, and have been nationally known for it. We are called Western NY Paranormal.

Anyone else?
Oh my god, one of my VERY good friends is like super into all that jazz. Ghost Hunters is her favorite show of all time!!! Funnily enough, she lives in NY too.

I can't wait to see the site when it's all ready!

I very much believe in ghosts and have had several experiences over the years that I tend to ignore and push out of my head because I'm a scaredy cat!!! (like seriously, I'm afraid of the dark......when I was little nothing could touch me, but as I've gotten older, I get so scared!!!)

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had several contacts with ghosts from childhood up to now. People as well as animal ghosts - so yes I believe in them

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a part time paranormal researcher, part of a team that is called to go into people's houses and check out their activity.
When I met John I found out that he does the same thing. We don't get to go out too often but he's well known in the community and I've been on several "hunts" with him. We've found quite a bit, and it's always fascinating to me.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a ghost by the name of Mabel Brown that was in my parent's old house. She was very interactive.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Plus I had an experience back in 1980 or 1981 with my deceased Mother. I know I was awake because I was sitting up in bed reading a really good novel and kept hearing someone call my name. I was home alone and got up to look around the apartment thinking that maybe me fiance was home and playing a joke on me. After getting back into bed and continuing to read, the form of a woman, my Mother, appeared sitting on the bed near my feet. She looked beautiful and I could see her and hear her but her mouth never moved, but we had a conversation. I haven't seen her since, but I know I will see her again because she told me when and where. She told me that when I get married she wants me to marry in a church (I had plans to marry my fiance in front of a Justice of the Peace), and she told me to look at the left corner at the back of the church and I would see her on my wedding day.
Wow that story gave me chills.