This can't be normal...Can it? (female issue)

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok so here is the deal. For the past year I guess my time of the month (TOM) has been acting weird. It will be a few days late here and there. Then I might have 3 days on then off. Or it will be 7 days on then off. A few times it has came a 2 weeks apart. I pay close attention to these issues because endo.(3 sisters 1 hyster.) runs in my family as well as fibroid tumors (my mother hyster.)

Well I had TOM the end of May short 3 days. Then 2 weeks later had it again lasting somewhere between 3-7 days. Then in July I was late by 2-3 days but started last Saturday. Its now been 8 days and its still here. Not has heavy but still here. My mom said right before (1-2 yrs before) she was diagnosed with the fibroids she had these same issues. So my issues aren't normal right? I do not take any birth control and I had my tubes tied almost 4 yrs ago.

I know I need to visit the doctor but dang I dread that. I guess I will have to call them and make one.

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
stress is a BIG factor in your TOM. age is as well.

i know for me its weight. i am a few lbs heavier then i should be, so TOM is spotty at best.

Even though you dread it, a talk with the doc might be a good idea, he/she might be able to help

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Stress screws my cycle up allllllllllllllllllll the time!!!!

You really need to talk to your doctor since all of that runs in your family. I DREADED having to go and make sure there were no big problems because I have a history of women in my family having hysterectomies before 30 due to several issues.......and turns out all of my problems were due to stress.

You can never be too careful, even if you have had a hysterectomy, it's important to get checked out everytime something is a little off.

We all hate it

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YOU'VE GOT TO GO, AND GO NOW. It could just be fibroids, or it could be something much worse. Don't assume it's stress... get it checked out!

Hoping for something simple and easy to fix.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

YOU'VE GOT TO GO, AND GO NOW. It could just be fibroids, or it could be something much worse. Don't assume it's stress... get it checked out!

Hoping for something simple and easy to fix.
Yeah I am gonna call Monday and see who can get me in and for how much.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
go, go, go, go please!

It is better to have these things checked, because if it needs to be taken care of it is better done early.

Vibes headed your way!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I called all around today (see I hate doctors). The only place I can afford can't get me in till August 20. So August 20th I will be going in.