Corky, the ceiling is not a scratching post!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never thought I would have to say "Corky, please don't scratch the ceiling!"...but, today I had to. Somehow, she got on top of our highest cupboard, and was on her back going to town on the textured ceiling! I have NO idea how she got up there, because it had to have been a completely vertical leap since the countertop there is narrow and it's at least a 6 foot jump, with only 7" of room between the top and the ceiling. I had trouble putting my cookie cans up there for storage because it was so narrow. But, she found a way! Gotta love 'em!

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That's adorable!!! My mutty used to *SOMEHOW* get up on the refrigerator and lounge up there. They're seriously acrobats sometimes!!!

isadora44

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Cats are indeed strange critters

Careful of letting her do that though...if your house is older (pre 1975), there's a good chance the texture (if it's popcorn texture) on the ceiling might have asbestos in it. It's typically harmless, unless the texture is disturbed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Isadora44

Cats are indeed strange critters

Careful of letting her do that though...if your house is older (pre 1975), there's a good chance the texture on the ceiling might have asbestos in it. It's typically harmless, unless the texture is disturbed.
No worries about that. This house was just finished in January...which is part of the reason I DON'T want her to claw the ceiling! It's a new house for pete's sake...I already have claw marks on the door and window frames, don't need them on the ceiling too!
Oh, well, I guess I know who rules my house...definitely not me.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DaniMarie

That's adorable!!! My mutty used to *SOMEHOW* get up on the refrigerator and lounge up there. They're seriously acrobats sometimes!!!

One of my cats does that too. I don't know how he manages to get on top of the fridge though since he weighs around 25 pounds.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can imagine it - Radar and Sonic both like to get somewhere high up and then stand on their hind legs batting at the textured ceiling plaster with their front paws