Sabra, I totally believe that too. The Chief of the Warren County ASPCA called last night. Because of our relationship with the Blairstown Animal Hospital (Gary is now known as "The Cat Man of Blairstown"!), the amount of work we've done with ferals, and the fact that we are not anonymously reporting this and are pressing charges and willing to testify, along with the Vets and the animal hospital, they are going to expedite our case. I'm so glad, because I DO NOT want these people to get another animal.
Julius needs to spend a few more days in the hospital.
I'm not sure what we're going to do after that. I think we'll work out an arrangement with a nearby boarding facility (new, cats only). Depending upon what we can work out, we may actually take Thanksgiving and Magic, too, until a spot in the no-kill shelter opens up (unless we can find people who meet our new very rigorous screeing policy for adoption prior to that).
We've decided to keep Tuxedo as an outside kitty, and if we do ever leave here in the RV, he'll come with us. If we move into a bigger (stationary!) home, he's coming inside.
But four was just too many cats in here, so no matter how much we want to, we can't bring Julius home here.
Unless we're re-releasing him outside, and I can't imagine doing that, now that's he's been inside and warm for over a month. He's not part of the "gang" outside anymore, and I don't want him to have to go through the new trauma of re-integrating outside, then being taken to a shelter.... it's just too much.
But, I'm really pleased that the ASPCA wants to work with us, and quickly, on this one.