**** Spoilers inside**** I just finished Harry Potter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Getting the book was an adventure in and of itself. I was nearly run over by a woman in a stroller, had several wands pointed at me, told that Harry dies, told that Harry lives, and was half way trampled.

So if anyone else would like to discuss it I'd love to give it a shot. I'm not going to ruin any endings now, but just post away when you are ready.

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was nearly run over by a woman in a stroller, had several wands pointed at me, told that Harry dies, told that Harry lives, and was half way trampled.
I didn't read it and don't intend to but that is just hilarious!!!

I'm actually kind of excited to read what people say happened though....... So I'll sneak in when the discussion begins.

angelina

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just got it here an I'm busy reading it
I really looked forward to the book

Back to reading

thanks for not ruining the ending :p

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Angelina

I just got it here an I'm busy reading it
I really looked forward to the book

Back to reading

thanks for not ruining the ending :p
No problem! I'm a really fast reader so I kinda knew I'd be first to post about it. Enjoy the ride.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
SPOILER
Originally Posted by lookingglass

Was anyone as happy as I was when Nevil became a Professor?
Yes, and I loved the way he played a big role in the final battle (especially his weapons).

I thought only two of the good guys were supposed to die?

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

So what about Snape?! Good?? Bad?? Dead or Alive??!!

And while we're at it...who else died?

Sorry, I don't have much time to read. You know the saying...So many cats, so little time.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Several characters die, and the bloodshed starts very early in the book. And the secret of why Dumbledore trusted Snape is satisfactorily revealed.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cinder

Sorry I asked.
I don't want to spoil it for others. I've sent you a PM, but delete it unread unless you really have to know. You've got to read the book, though, when you have time.

I've got the British edition (607 pages), and page 139 (A Place to Hide) contradicts page 84 (The Ghoul in Pyjamas) regarding Hermione and the Memory Charm.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Someone care to PM me in on all the details? I know I won't read it, but I really wanna know what happens!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

SPOILER
Yes, and I loved the way he played a big role in the final battle (especially his weapons).

I thought only two of the good guys were supposed to die?
I was also thrilled that Mrs. Weasley killed Bellatrix Lestrange. That part made me smile to no end.

EDIT: My husband is very upset that Hedgwig died.

telynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Loved it!!!

A little show around the middle when they were being a bit aimless, but very good none the less.

There was a certain point I ALMOST stopped reading. I just didn't think I could handle it. But then I looked at how many pages were left, and figured there had to be more to it. Glad I stuck it out.

And yeah, the death count is really high in this one. Of course it had to be. It would be unrealistic if it wasn't. But doesn't make it any easier.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cinder

white cat lover... wikepedia already has a detailed summary of the final book up, plus the bios on the individual characters have been updated through the end of the story. Man, that was fast!
*scampers off to check it out*

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought it was very good. I decided not to stay up all night reading it because I was already tired when I got home from the bookstore last night, due to not having gotten enough sleep the night before... I wanted to make sure I enjoyed it and didn't miss anything so I forced myself to read more slowly than I normally do. I did read a little last night. I ended up not waking up until afternoon today because of catching up on my missed sleep, and then I started reading it after I got up and couldn't put it down most of the day. I was pleasantly surprised at that, the last couple in the series I didn't find that enthralling. I enjoyed this one a lot although it made me cry at several points...but it was very good. I'm sad that the series is over and also that there will be no more festivals/parties like the two I went to yesterday! One town had a huge festival which I went to yesterday afternoon and it was really neat seeing tons of people walking around the streets dressed as witches and wizards (and someone in a mascot-type phoenix costume!) They had a lot of events and it was really fun, so I'll miss being able to go to another event like that (I went to their festival for the last book too.) After dinner I went to Borders for their event which was also a lot of fun, and I bought the book there...

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Who died, who died, who died!?!?!????

Someone PM me, I'm dying to know and am not a reader of those books.

kerry'n'ben

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Please can someone pm me too!!! im dying to know what happens but i just can't seem to wade through any of the books!!!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Telynn

There was a certain point I ALMOST stopped reading. I just didn't think I could handle it. But then I looked at how many pages were left, and figured there had to be more to it. Glad I stuck it out.

The death count was already 2 under page 100!

I started to do the same thing near the end and got very upset. I stopped and counted the pages left and after a brief pause, decided to continue. I am glad I did. I can't believe it is really over.

The very last chapter was nice of her, I think very loosely written, but a nice gesture.