just finished potter, and

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL...good one, Bruce.

I've never read a Harry Potter book. A lot of folks will be receiving their copy in the mail today (hopefully).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
they are ok books, i had the first three and never open them up.
Then one week how i was sick, i started them. They are not bad.
She makes a fun world to live in.

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL I can't wait to get my copy in the mail! Hopefully UPS will be delivering it sooner rather than later. I went and bought Book 6 at Walmart as soon as it opened the day it came out last time. However, I had trouble finding Book 5 for a LONG time, and eventually bought one off ebay! I didn't want to risk it this time! I wish I could be reading though....I finished Book 6 the same day it came out.....

Yes, I'm a dork!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I'm looking forward to reading it. It won't be for a while though, so I'm going to avoid Potter posts from now on. I wonder how hard it will be to avoid the spoilers?

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katl8e

Mine will be delivered today. I'll probably be incommunicado tomorrow.
I saw the book at WalMart this morning and it it THICK!
You may be incommunicado for several days.

rone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Don't laugh...I'm taking Monday off in case I can't finish the new book by tomorrow night. I was also "sick" when Order of the Phoenix & Half-Blood Prince released.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

I saw the book at WalMart this morning and it it THICK!
You may be incommunicado for several days.
The thick books read super fast. I'm a slow reader and I can finish the first 3 books in a day - the thicker ones will maybe take up to a week for me.

Oh and Bruce, I almost cussed you out for not putting the ****SPOILERS*** warning label on this thread

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm finished it - I got it this morning, started it, and then had to attend a graduation this afternoon. As soon as I got home this evening, I grabbed it and just sat and read it.
It's quite good, though there's one glaring error in it (which was reported by people who saw the leaked copy).

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I haven't read any of the books, only watched the movies. My favorite character is Snape. I figure in the end his true nature will be revealed as GOOD.
And because my favorite characters often bite the dust (I have no idea why that is) I am not optimistic for his chances of surviving. I'm a real spoiler *****, so as soon as I can find the ending somewhere.... But don't worry, I'll never tell.

Bruce, feel free to PM me with the answers to my questions.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Quill_luv

Mine came at 11:00 am and I'm only on Ch.15 or thereabouts. It's good so far
You're almost halfway through! It gets better. DH has been laughing at me all day. My copy was delivered at 12:30 p.m, and I had to endure a graduation starting at 2:00, followed by a party and evening (thankfully not overnight, as planned) guests. I finished the book about 2 hours ago - midnight here. I just couldn't go to bed without reading all of it, and resisted the temptation to look at the last few pages.
A successful conclusion to the whole saga, IMO.