Who wins the bet?

fireblossom4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I bet my friend that The Last Mimzy was not based upon a book, and it turns out it was based on a story in a book but he never said a story ina book he said a book. I say we just forget about it and not pay anything. Who do you think wins the bet?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hmmm....I might have to vote for your friend there. A book and in a book are pretty much the same thing. Not exactly, but close enough. Hope you didn't bet much!

joey14

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hmmm, I saw that movie recently. Seemed to me also that it was based on something from a book. A bet, huh. Did you shake on it?

Perhaps you and your friend should go find a third friend to arbitrate the disagreement - each of you should explain your reasoning to the third friend and agree to abide by whatever the arbitrator decides. (and make sure you "shake on it" first to agree that the third person's decision will be final).

Just curious, was this a bet for money?

joey14

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
OK - I must confess to "posing" on here regarding this whole bet thing. "I" am the person with whom Fireblossom4 made the bet. I just wanted to hear what others thought first.

When the dispute arose as to the movie being made "from a book" as opposed to "from a story in a book" - we DID, in fact, agree to have the disagreement arbitrated by a mutually agreed upon third party, and that agreement was sealed with a handshake.

We each made our argument to the mutually agreed upon third party, who after hearing each side, agreed with me.

The bet was for a dollar.