Improptu date night!

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, it's friday and I'm off work reasonably early. I don't have to get up in the morning. We thought bf had to work tomorrow, but it turns out it's next saturday. Plus, we've been under some stress due to some issues family members are having. We were just sitting here brainstorming what to do when we realized...

BF has a gift card for famous players theater....
I got paid today......
We've been waiting for the hype to die down around Transformers (I hate crowded theatres).....

So, we're going on a date!

We very rarely go out for the night, since there always seems to be something more important to spend the money on. And, since we live together, we tend to just rent a movie or borrow from someone and stay home. So this is a bit of a treat for us! BF just went to run an errand and then we're going to catch the late show! I've heard it's pretty good.

Don't tell me any of the details, I want to be surprised!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

Did you have fun?
I've heard Transformers is a good movie.
We JUST got back and we had fun. The movie was good. The dialogue got a bit cheesy at times, but that's true to the old cartoon, so I'm cool with that. I found the action ran on for quite a while near the end (which bf loved) and my mind tends to wander when that happens in movies
I got a little bored/sleepy watching so much smashing for so long, but that probably reflects on the time of night and my long day at work more than the movie itself.
Overall, we enjoyed it!

I think it's just about bedtime, though, because we're going to try to go out with our friends and their son (bf's godson) to the zoo tomorrow, bright and early. I happen to have monday off, so I'm putting off my cleaning for a bit.
As soon as bf gets back from walking the dog, I'll be hustling him toward bed.....he's never ready for bed at the same time as me, but he's a pain to get up in the morning.

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Leli

I got a little bored/sleepy watching so much smashing for so long
The *SAME* thing happens to me during big drawn-out fight scenes in movies.

I am completely with your review of Transformers. Good popcorn flick, cheesy dialogue, robot drama, and obligatory special effects fighting. My significant other loved the dialogue as well, because it was completely on-point with the cartoon, so I loved watching him get excited watching it!

Glad you had fun!!!!