New Cat!

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well... since for some reason my other post didn't get posted (Guess I hit preview and didn't submit) I'll have to retype my adventure and story again!!!

Oh the way home from the ultrasound, DH and I decided to check out the strays at the local shelter. The lady working there was really sweet and probably knew we were cat lovers and she just zoned in on us for the kill.

We are now the proud parents of a grossly overweight, 3 year old orange and white tabby the shelter called 'Fat Boy' and 'Love Pig'. Mr. Nameless (the shelter names I didn't like at all) was the vic. of the 'we don't know how to love him so we feed him' game. Poor guy doesn't even know what a toy is!! He looks at the toy we got him like its just... nothing.

So we decided to take this 30lb cat home. He's monster!!! He is a large cat to begin with but with all the extra food he has had... wow. The vet had him on Iams Weight Control so DH and I are going to leave him on that for now until he's adjusted to live here with us.

And as far as the adjustment goes... no problem. He owns this apartment now. He was on and off the bed last night, nuzzling us and talking up a storm. He gets comfy wherever and cleans himself. This morning I woke up to big orange eyes staring at me.

He has one really strange quirk. He's a licker... but only clothes. He gets near you and the next thing you know your shirt or pants are wet from kisses. Its a little gross but he's happy!! DH thinks that once he is used to being here he'll taper down the love.

But he just wants to be with us all the time... loves people and petting.

We've been tossing around names for him but nothing seems to stick yet. We've talked about Hiro, Kretos and BB (big boi).

Well... here he is. What do you all think??

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG! If you weren't in South Korea, I'd say that kitty came from the HS here!

He's gorgeous! Whatever you name him, remember he (hopefully) won't be a tub-o-lard for long!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh I love him already look at those love eyes
Will you guys be bringing him back home when you come back?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Oh I love him already look at those love eyes
Will you guys be bringing him back home when you come back?
Yes. One of my hold backs on getting a new cat was the idea of having to leave behind another animal due to an overseas move.

We'll be taking this guy home with us.

tnkittymom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He's a handsome fellow!
I look forward to watching his weight loss progress. I have 2 very overweight girls here that I'm working with. At least he seems active. These girls rarely want to move.

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
30 LBS?? well, he wears it well anyway! Hopefully w/a new home all his own to explore, he'll be dropping wt in no time!! Congrats.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, he's such a goodlookin' kitty!
Plump, yes, but studly nonetheless.
And bless you for adopting a grownup cat!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, what a sweet big boy! Yeah, he needs to drop a few (like a lot of us, mainly me!
) but he is a gorgeous cat! If he doesn't seem interested in regular toys, get a laser pointer if you don't have one already. Even if he just walks at first to chase it, it will give him some activity. I have yet to meet a cat that can ignore a laser light. Congrats on your new addition!!

As for names, you will know when you find the right one. BB isn't a bad choice, because even when he drops some weight he will still be a big boy!

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay... you'll have to excuse the early morning picture!!! Hadn't woken up too long before this was taken.

For size comparison on the cat.... and remember I'm 22 weeks pregnant!

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really don't know. He's such a love machine too!! We haven't even had him 24 hours and he's on me all the time (when he can get into my lap that is).

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow he looks like a big boy ......... but I bet his normal weight is about 20 LBS ........ he looks long ........ my Tino is 21 LBS, he should be about 18 or 19 ........ but hes a big cat like that, too.

vermontcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Congratulations on the new kitty!

He looks like a big, sweet, cuddly boy.
I think you should name him Boomer.

For diet advice you should check out posts by Tickytat, I think she will have some good advice for you.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
on the new addition, Beth! He looks like a real charmer, and very grateful to have a new home. B.B. (Bradley's Boy?) seems to suit him.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ali012281

We are now the proud parents of a grossly overweight, 3 year old orange and white tabby the shelter called 'Fat Boy' and 'Love Pig'. Mr. Nameless (the shelter names I didn't like at all) was the vic. of the 'we don't know how to love him so we feed him' game. Poor guy doesn't even know what a toy is!! He looks at the toy we got him like its just... nothing.
¡CONGRATULATIONS!
What a precious boy!
and you & hubby has the Heart
so biggest like this lovely guy!
Wonderful Beth, This was the unique that you need for your home are complete!
Hubby, Baby(on the way) + Big Cat = Wonderful FAMILY!

And my hummble suggestion for his name, because he´s the unique cat a home is the king too,...
how about BB King?

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

And my hummble suggestion for his name, because he´s the unique cat a home is the king too,...
how about BB King?
I actually suggested that name to DH.

He likes the name "Pawlie".... like Paulie with the Jersey accent... (Soprano's fans)

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ali012281

He likes the name "Pawlie".... like Paulie with the Jersey accent... (Soprano's fans)
Aw thats a cute name!!!! I love it!!