Well apparently i tried to microchip myself today!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So yea there is a huge gash in my ring finger that is currently bandaged up at the moment
Apparently i tried to microchip myself while i was at work today
I don't know what on earth happened eithor. I was holding the needle properly and everything about to chip a dog for her new owners when the needle must have slipped over just a bit and i just about chipped myself instead
Thankfully only the needle got me and i didn't press the end down....otherwise i would have chipped myself
I felt brilliant after that! I have never had an accident before eithor- at least it was a fresh needle though (lucky!). I feel bad about it too- i'm always careful working with sharps. sooo......if i get lost...at least colin can check to see if another vets office or shelter has found me

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Don't forget to register yourself so Colin can find you if you get lost. Hope your finger feels better.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seems like you've had more than your share of trouble lately! Maybe you need a vacation... or a keeper...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

Don't forget to register yourself so Colin can find you if you get lost. Hope your finger feels better.
Will do!

Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Seems like you've had more than your share of trouble lately! Maybe you need a vacation... or a keeper...
Ohhh i'm soo excited!! I have a few days off comming up!! Colin and I are going to go to 6 Flags in Missouri for our birthdays!!!
(well that's the plan anyways
) and my lovely sister and her family are going to babysit our furbabies!! Then we're going to watch their when they go out of town right after we get back! I DEFINITELY need a vacation though!
Geesh, now i'm chipping myself instead of the animals

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've done that before... only it was with puppy/kitten vaccinations at the shelter I used to work at. Put it this way, I'm very well vaccinated against Parvo now! LOL

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Microchipped yourself? Wow! That's a first, right?

I guess if it helps Colin find you....after all.....you never seem to keep your collar on!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well if you ever got lost, just turn up at a shelter so they can call your hubby

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think that was a good idea..lmao.. BUT shouldnt the police dept have a scanner>>???

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

I've done that before... only it was with puppy/kitten vaccinations at the shelter I used to work at. Put it this way, I'm very well vaccinated against Parvo now! LOL
my boss accidently injected herself with the euthanazia solution before
(it has no effects on people as you will be knocked out long before you'd get the proper amount to hurt yourself badly) i think that tops me nearly chipping myself
/ so....at least your current on your vaccines

Originally Posted by white cat lover

Microchipped yourself? Wow! That's a first, right? :

I guess if it helps Colin find you....after all.....you never seem to keep your collar on!
nope, i like to tear my collars off and hide them under the bed just like a certain someone...*cough* Jasmine!

Originally Posted by Tara & Rob

Well if you ever got lost, just turn up at a shelter so they can call your hubby
he does know where the shelter is fortunately so hopefully he'll be able to locate me
he's always showing up there to see the dogs
(he's not my hubby yet
we're working on that one
)

Originally Posted by sharky

I think that was a good idea..lmao.. BUT shouldnt the police dept have a scanner>>???
oh dear, i would never live it down if his buddies at the police station scanned me

Originally Posted by mrjonah

eek!! Mind you, it could come in very handy once you're 95 and are found out wandering the streets in your pj's at midnight!!
hey! there's thinking on the positive side- if i ever get alshtimers (sp?) then they will be able to find me! i should microhip my nanny while i'm at it lol....she has a tendancy to wonder lol

Originally Posted by SillyJilly

You are so considerate to make sure that Colin doesn't lose you!!
see.... now if only he realized that

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Too funny - I sometimes think people should get microchipped in case of memory loss. Too bad that as it isn't the norm, if you do get lost they won't know to scan you to find your home!

Then again even if you loss your memory you'll end up at a shelter just to see the animals. Even with a loss of memory you won't loss your love of animals!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

Then again even if you loss your memory you'll end up at a shelter just to see the animals. Even with a loss of memory you won't loss your love of animals!
i'd probably think they're all mine and not understand why my grumpy old so wouldn't let me take them back home with me
i'd be soo confused!

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

You took the words right out of my mouth

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ClaireBear

You took the words right out of my mouth
I'm trying to decide which plan to register for
decisions, decisions!

(my battlewound from the microchip needle is all better now
it sure did hurt for a while there though- those needles are big!)

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
LOL. I almost got microchipped once. I was holding Meeka by the scruff while someone else was chipping her. Well the person chipping her poked my thumb instead and she only stopped because I started screaming. She didnt realize right away either. It didnt feel to good. So now Im always very sorry for the little babies who get chipped.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fostermomm

LOL. I almost got microchipped once. I was holding Meeka by the scruff while someone else was chipping her. Well the person chipping her poked my thumb instead and she only stopped because I started screaming. She didnt realize right away either. It didnt feel to good. So now Im always very sorry for the little babies who get chipped.
Glad i'm not the only one
We usually microchip at our shelter while the furbabies who have been adopted are under anestesia for their spay/neuter so that we don't stress them out anymore than we have to. For the ones who have already been altared, we do it while they're awake usually. The dogs are usually really good about it. It just depends on the kitties though. Those needles are definitely NOT small eithor so i know they feel it. Poor loves. BUT it only stings for a minute and it could potentially save their lives so i think it's worth it
I'm REALLY gentle when i draw blood,vaccinate, chip so i think that helps too as far as them being less uncomfortable goes.

So...have you registered yourself yet