He got a home!!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, some good news for everyone who has been following Norris' story- he got fostered by a wonderful family two days ago.
(at our shelter we allow some individuals to foster for three days to see how the animal does in their home before they fill out their adoption papers). They're supposed to bring him back in tomorrow to make it official!!!!
I am soo pleased my sweet Norris has finally found a loving forever home!!!
He also has another doggy his size there to play with as well so he will have company and won't get lonely!!!
Their other dog is also special needs, so this family is well experienced with this type of situation and will know exactly what to do!
Thanks for all those wonderful TCS vibes everyone!! Tomorrow, my foster baby will officially have a wonderful forever home!!

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh that is so wonderful!!!!

By the way, what a great idea for the family to try things out before official adoption!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankyou guys. I am just estatic that he's found a lovely new family!!!!
(and it makes me even more at ease knowing they're experienced with special needs pups
) I do miss him terribly though- it's soooo hard to let them go -but at the same time i'm soo happy my little ange's found a great foever home!!!

Did i mention- there are two more dogs having leg surgeries this week......so umm yeah i'm thinking i already have some foster doggies lined up

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yayyyy Norris!!!!! I know it's hard, but it sounds like THE perfect home for him!!! I knew someone like this family would come along

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's great!!!
I'm so happy for sweet Norris and his new family.

Lots of hugs for you, Nikki, for caring for Norris along the way.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

He was just too sweet to go without a home for long.
I agree. Norris has the best little temperment and is such a little love bug!!!
I am going to miss seeing him hopping around our home though. I cried for the first day (just because i miss him soo much) but i am very very happy for him and his lovely new family!!! I hope he brings them as much joy as he did to Colin and our little family

Originally Posted by sarahp

Yayyyy Norris!!!!! I know it's hard, but it sounds like THE perfect home for him!!! I knew someone like this family would come along
Thanks Sarah

Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Oh tht is fantastic news! Yay for Norris!
We are all really happy for him and his new family!!

Originally Posted by eilcon

That's great!!!
I'm so happy for sweet Norris and his new family.

Lots of hugs for you, Nikki, for caring for Norris along the way.
Thankyou hon
(btw, congradulations on georgie finding a new home too!!! you did a lovely job with him!) I think that in the future, i will continute to foster special needs dogs as it seems as though i did well with Norris. It was definitely a learning experience for me- my expertiese is infant kittens.....so i learned a lot.
There are two more pups getting surgery soon on their legs who will also need a foster home....so i will likely foster one of them until they're healed up if Colin is comfortable with it

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It must be so hard the things you do for these animals and then let them go. Big hugs to you
You were the foundation that helped this little baby on his way

That is wonderful he has found his home with a family who will understand like his Foster Meowmy did

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

It must be so hard the things you do for these animals and then let them go. Big hugs to you
You were the foundation that helped this little baby on his way

That is wonderful he has found his home with a family who will understand like his Foster Meowmy did
thankyou pam
that means a lot to me
/ i put a little letter about norris in with his files and all - i hope they read it.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Im sure they will! Hopefully keep you updated with pictures of him!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so happy he found a home Nikki. And that Norris showed you how wonderful it is to foster special needs dogs. I think it's good you were able to place him, now you can help other special doggies!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is wonderful news! I've waiting for this post...I knew it wouldn't take long. I know you miss him and it must be hard to care that much, but he will never forget you or the love you gave him when he needed it so badly! Is there any way you can keep in touch with his new family and check and see how he's doing?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
That's terrific news, Nikki! Many, many good for Norris and his new family.

I think it's wonderful that you've decided to foster special-needs dogs, as I imagine many people would shy away from the work/responsibility involved.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that's awesome!!!
Congratulations to you and Norris and YOU made his forever home possible. I know he thanks you and loves you for that, for giving him the chance he deserves. you rock, Nikki!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thankyou soo much everyone for all of the support and sweet words you've offered through the whole time i fostered him and up till now
it means a lot to have that much support!!!! (especially when you get attached and have to make the hard decision as to what to do). I am sooo happy and feel soo blessed that he found such a nice home! My boss told them they were welcome to take pictures and post it on our poster board at the shelter (we have two for "success stories") so hopefully they will do that!
They may also be adopting another doggie to go home with norris and their other pup....so fingers crossed that all works out if they decide to do that
(norris LOVES other pups and so does their dog so that would be great if it all worked out. i'm not sure which one yet though!)

I will likely be fostering another dog who is due to have leg surgery soon, so i'll let ya'll know what happens with that and if i wind up fostering her or not.
(we're supposed to go out of town the end of the month so i may wait until i get back if she still needs a place).