"Miles Kimball" Cat fountain?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I need to replace both my Drinkwells, & they're quite $$. I'm looking at other fountains. Twitch loves running water, like the Drinkwell. I discovered this one, but am unfamiliar with the place "Miles Kimball" or the fountain.

http://www.mileskimball.com/mileskim...570830&Affid=1

Anyone have any experience? Do you think that fountain looks good? I can get one for each floor(actually, a third for the foster kittens) for less than getting 2 Drinkwells.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had that one for about a year. I bought it from Collections Etc. I just passed it onto a friend after we bought our Drinkwell (it was a deal I couldn't pass up).

Keep in mind--That fountain is very small. My 3 cats just about drank it dry daily. It's not great to clean. You will have to use q-tips to get the little parts. And run vinegar for about 1/2 hour through it to get the scum out every couple weeks.

BUT my cats loved it.
So it was worth it. It has a spout similar to the Drinkwell, and I think that's why all 3 cats liked it.

The replacement filters are easy. Save the filters when they are used up. Just pull the plastic filters apart, empty the old media out, and you can buy the filter media that goes inside in the Aquatics department of your local pet store.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to say the Miles Kimball one was 8"x6" or so. I topped it up daily with our pur pitcher. It never ran completely dry, I just had to check it daily. So if you have a few of them I think they would definitely work. I bought mine for the similar reasons--I needed a fountain and didn't have the $$$ at the time for a good one.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am thinking about 1 fountain for Twitch, Lily, & Damita....but Twitch & Damita are big drinkers. Then one fountain for Dory, Molly, & Ophelia. And one fountain for PJ & Punky, who are also big drinkers.

I can re-fill them daily, no problem, just so long as they don't run dry!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Drinkwells are on sale at Drs Foster & Smith - part of the Red Tag Sale.

I bought replacement filter packs for 50% off regular price. You MIGHT want to take a peek at that sale before deciding...

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

The Drinkwells are on sale at Drs Foster & Smith - part of the Red Tag Sale.

I bought replacement filter packs for 50% off regular price. You MIGHT want to take a peek at that sale before deciding...
I've been avoiding looking there....red tag sales are bad!

That is still a ton to pay, considering I need 2 or 3 fountains. Over $100.
I actually think I got mine from them for a little less than $30 not quite a year ago.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks great, but very small

I just ordered a petmate freshflow off ebay and it was about $12 cheaper than the store price (including shipping). I was going to get a drinkwell, but Riley likes running water a little TOO much!
he likes to slap at it with his paws and play with it, so I was afraid he'd think a drinkwell was a toy instead of a water dish.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I should also add--had I not gotten the deal I did for our Drinkwell, I had planned on getting the Freshflow again from Wal-Mart. You can get it for under $30 at Wal-Mart stores and the refill filters are pretty cheap there too. Our first fountain was a Freshflow.